Should there be a Sesame Street Channel?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thanks, Dude. The point I'm trying to make is that some parents will buy anything that has the SS label on it. That's why, as I've said before, they had to put that reiculous warning label on it. And It always reminds me of a VHS review on amazon. Something stupid about things being dated, or something like that. It's on VHS. Of Course it's dated!

There are kids that can enjoy classic SS, and there are kids that prefer Elmo. All I'm saying is, don't buy SS Old School if your kid just likes Elmo. HE may not be interrested. Especially if he's less than 3 or 4. At young ages, toddlers like to get into things, no matter what they watch.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There are kids that can enjoy classic SS, and there are kids that prefer Elmo. All I'm saying is, don't buy SS Old School if your kid just likes Elmo. HE may not be interrested. Especially if he's less than 3 or 4. At young ages, toddlers like to get into things, no matter what they watch.
Well the only thing I disagree with here is just because your kid isn't interested in something initially, doesn't mean you should indulge them and take it away every time. When I was a kid I didn't enjoy everything right on sight. Sometimes I had to get used to it and grow to like it. After that I was thrilled I gave it a second chance.

Kids shouldn't be taught that, if they don't like a book or movie at first sight, they don't have to bother with it. If kids in school aren't interested in science, that doesn't mean we cut out science just to appease them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well the only thing I disagree with here is just because your kid isn't interested in something initially, doesn't mean you should indulge them and take it away every time. When I was a kid I didn't enjoy everything right on sight. Sometimes I had to get used to it and grow to like it. After that I was thrilled I gave it a second chance.
Ehh, when they're older and can appreciate it. But that's what I was getting at. I'd almost be certain that exposure to something at a younger age will no doubt cause them to appreciate it when they're older. Like how watching Toxic Crusaders got me into watching the R rated indie films the cartoon was based on.

And I really think that when streaming video channels online take off, we could see an SS or SW channel that shows their back catellogue.

ErnieandTelly

Reaction score
I wish that Boomerang gets Sesame Street only the episodes from seasons 22 (episode 2840-2875) to 25