Show of hands, please.

Sesame Skates

Reaction score
I HATE it when....

A cable channel says, "What would YOU like to see?"

TV fans reply, "Such-and-such a show I haven't seen in 10 20 30 years!"

Some corporate sockpuppet replies, "No, sorry, we don't own the rights. Too cost prohibitive" etc. Then they launch into a complicated spew about how the "system" works!

:boo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
PBS is FAR from corporate. That's the problem. Sesame Street and other SW shows shouldn't be hard to negotiate if they're already on that network. I'd imagine Mr. Rogers and stuff like that would actually be a challenge to speak to other companies. So that would be a problem.

But then again, they want to be the 3am feeding Barney seen at 6,10, 2, 5, 8 already channel :rolleyes: which frankly does nothing either way for ratings. At least with Mr. Rogers, the company is creating a MOD DVD program with single episodes (doesn't sound all that generous, but it's a start). With Sesame Street and Electric Company, you get 10 old episodes on 2 out of print (possibly) collections and that's IT. Old Sesames NEED to come out and breath the fresh air of not being cooped up in a vault no one's going to be able to see them in. This isn't some long forgotten obscure short lived TV show from the 70's or 80's (otherwise Shout would have released full box sets with 8 hours of special features of it by now), it's a show that's been around 40+ years that EVERYONE knows.

Convincing John

Reaction score
A cable channel says, "What would YOU like to see?"

TV fans reply, "Such-and-such a show I haven't seen in 10 20 30 years!"

Some corporate sockpuppet replies, "No, sorry, we don't own the rights. Too cost prohibitive" etc. Then they launch into a complicated spew about how the "system" works!

:boo:
And then they show those annoying infommercials. Who would voluntarily sit down and watch one of those things, especially when the product doesn't work if you do order it? I know, I know, they pay the channel X amount of dollars to show them. Good grief, though, QVC and HSN are infommercial channels on their own, plus all the regular commercials in between programs. Isn't that enough commercials already? I know there's a reason behind it all. I'd just rather see classic Sesame Street rather than some guy with a fake smile and a bad toupee blab about a vaccuum cleaner for two hours.

The only memorable thing that infommercials gave us is a very famous online clip which was parodied in the movie "Bender's Game". I won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen the movie, but here's a hint: go to Google or Youtube and type "1101-1816".

Well, there's this guy, too. I wonder if they got Bender's rival "Flexo" from this ladder's name.

Convincing John

Sesame Skates

Reaction score
I'd just rather see classic Sesame Street rather than some guy with a fake smile and a bad toupee blab about a vaccuum cleaner for two hours.
OR:

A male enhancement product
Motorized wheelchairs
Diabetic products
Catheters and/or "ostomy" products
Funerals and/or creamations

If they haven't come up with full infomercials for these, they soon will....:boo: :sleep:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've been harping on infomercials for years now. The only purpose they serve is to let station owners who are lazy and just greedy to get extra money by profiting off of programming they get paid to put on, especially if no one's watching. And most of the stuff is get rich quick schemes. Jeez... any website with a changing number in it is going to be either a scam or a virus. Though, granted aren't infomercials...

I'm just so ticked that kid's programming needs to be regulated with a fine tooth comb, but Kevin Trudeua can come on in and write a book about how to lose weight, cure cancer, and cure credit card debt by getting a bunch of routine enemas.