1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Showing what could have been...

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by scooter289, Mar 4, 2005.

1. scooter289 Member

Hey all,

I was just over at the Palisades Message Board and looking through the Questions Thread and responding to a question, Ken posted what the line-up for 2005 would have possibly been like and so i just thought I'd post it here for others to see.

Series 10
    Kermit/Piggy Babies
    Dr Bob
    Sal Manilla
    Uncle Deadly
    Gobo Fraggle/Doozer (Special Test Figure)

In Case Repaint Sal Manilla
    In Case Repaint Sal Manilla
    Exclusive: TBD Tuxedo Statler
    Exclusive: TBD Tuxedo Waldorf

Series 11
    Gonzo/Rowlf Babies
    Nurse Janice
    Bobo
    Lewis Kazagger

In Case Repaint Lewis Kazagger
    Exclusive: Palisades Tour #1 RoboBuster Bunsen
    Exclusive: Palisades Tour #2 RoboBuster Beaker

Series 12
    Scooter/Fozzie Babies
    Nurse Piggy/Bean Bunny
    Mahna Mahna/Snowths
    Mulch

Exclusive: Retail Vacation Animal
    Exclusive: Wizard World Long Beach Super Gonzo & Rizzo
    Exclusive: Wizard World Philly WonderPig
    Exclusive: Wizard World Chicago Vacation Swedish Chef
    Exclusive: SDCC Super Statler and Waldorf

Series 13
    Patrol Link
    Dr. Teeth 2
    Clueless Morgan
    Rat Pack

Exclusive: Retail Tuxedo Sam the Eagle

Series 14
    Reporter Gonzo
    Swamp Kermit
    Seymour and Pepe
    Randy and Andy Pig

Exclusive: TBD Squire Trelawney Fozzie
    Exclusive: Palisades Holiday Kermit/Robin

later
  2. floydnjanicefan Active Member

I read this earlier at the Palisades board, and I am still upset. I would love to have all of these figures so badly. It is so sad that the line must come to an end. :cry:
  3. The Count Moderator

You know... Posted a reconfigured possibility of all those figures over in the threads at PT's forum.
    Maybe the truly motivated and talented customizers will attempt all of this? Who knows.
  4. Harvey Towers Active Member

I think some of these are wishful thinking and even if the line had continued I don't think all of these would have been made (especially the multipacks)

However, I'd have loved Sal Manilla, Bobo, Lewis Kazagger, Bean Bunny, Mahna Mahna and the Snowths.
  5. The Count Moderator

Hey guys, here's the re-working of the lineup I posted over at PT's forums. Hope you like it.

Series 10
    MTI Cabin Boy Gonzo and Rizzo
    Uncle Deadly
    Sal Manilla
    Frog Scout Leader Kermit and Blue Frog Scout
    Rainbow Connection Kermit and Seated Robin, formerly Swamp Kermit

10X(clusives)
    Repaint: Frog Scout Leader Kermit and Green Frog Scout
    Penguin 2-Pack
    Modern Gonzo and Chickens, formerly Reporter Gonzo

Series 11
    Nurse Piggy and Foo-Foo
    Baby Kermit and Baby Piggy
    Nurse Janice and Yolanda Rat and Masterson Rat from Rat Pack
    Lewis Kazagger
    Benjamina Gunn and Flaubert the Anteater

11X(clusives)
    Repaint: Neon Suit Lewis Kazagger
    Vacation Animal
    Super Gonzo and Super Rizzo
    Robotbuster Bunsen and Robot Abraham Lincoln Half (Tour)
    Robotbuster Beaker and Robot Abraham Lincoln Half (Tour)

Series 12
    Patrol Chief Link Hogthrob
    Baby Gonzo and Baby Rowlf
    Clueless Morgan and Mad Monty
    Bobo the Bear Guard, fully suited, and the Talking Sandwich
    Super Link Hogthrob

12X(clusives)
    Repaint: Bobo the Bear Guard as Rentro, and the Talking Sandwich
    Wonder Pig
    Money Man, formerly Super Statler

Series 13
    Dr. Bob and Chester Rat and Tattooey Rat from Rat Pack
    Baby Scooter and Baby Fozzie
    Mahna Mahna and the Snowths
    Mulch and the Gargoyle
    Super Lew Zealand

13X(clusives)
    Repaint: Black Fur Mulch and the Gargoyle
    Steppin' Out Sam the Eagle
    Vacation Swedish Chef

Series 14
    Squire Trelawney and Wall-Eyed Pike
    Seymour and Pepe
    Andy and Randy Pig
    Miss Piggy 2, in classic glamorous gown, and Bean Bunny
    Super Fozzie

14X(clusives)
    Repaint: White Gown Miss Piggy and Bean Bunny
    Dr. Teeth 2
    Holiday Kermit and Robin

End of Line Steppin' Out Statler with Balcony Half
    End of Line Steppin' Out Waldorf with Balcony Half
  6. beaker Well-Known Member

Anyone still have the gobo images?
  7. This list makes me wanna cry! I will forever be saddned!
    Ty
  8. Frogster Active Member

Seeing this is sooooo depressing! I can't believe it! God, that upsets me, to just no end.
  9. Fozzie Bear Moderator

This is exactly why I kept saying folks should buy the merchandise, because without consumer support, there's no retailer support, and that is the death of a retail line.
  10. Frogster Active Member

Mulch?!? Mulch would have been made? Whoa, we sure are missing out on a lot with the Muppet line closing... how tragic.
  11. That Announcer New Member

Here's my idea for a 2005 line up:

Series 10-
    Bobo, fully suited, with talking sandwich and remote
    Bean Bunny (in MCC clothing)
    Sal Manila (three variants: regular, Steppin' Out, casual- all to match Johnny)
    Robin

OMG exclusive: Deadley
  12. Docnzhoss Active Member

I don't know about you all, but reading lists like this just puts a huge hole or knot in the pit of my stomach. Coulda/woulda/shoulda, either way we don't get any of them. I think we are incredibly lucky to be getting Uncle Deadly and a naked Robin (with RC Kermit) and possibly Penguins. I think a lot of resources were wasted on certain figures, variants and exclusives, but I'm not going to embellish because what's done is done and there's no time to fix things. I'm simply going to crawl into my nook, curl up in a fetal position, place my thumb in my mouth and have a good cry. That is how I will mourn the end of the Palisades Muppets line (at least until SS is released).
  13. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

The Penguin's release is not debateable. The website that is selling it as an exclusive just hasn't been announced yet. So don't be scared, penguin goodness shall prevail!:zany: :zany: :zany:
  14. homerthegreat Member

That is pretty sad, but look at all the stuff Palisades has given us. Personally, my collection completely satisfies me.
  15. That Announcer New Member

OK. I've taken a look at the Palisades release schedule, the number of figures and playsets that they've put out, and the number of years that they've had the license. I concluded that if Palisades' license had been extended for another half year, and they'd been working like mad from the beginning of this year, the following could have been done:

Series 10:
    Uncle Deadly (with 1 chase variant- Steppin' Out)
    Bobo the Bear
    Bean
    Sal Manila

Series 11:
    The Penguins (with the chase variant)
    Nurse Janice
    Link from Bear on Patrol
    The Ghost of Robert Marley

Series 12:
    Nurse Piggy
    The Ghost of Jacob Marley
    Angel Marie
    Muppet Treasure Island Gonzo (as a regular release)

Series 13:
    Beaker (regular release, without playset)
    Waldo C. Graphic
    Naked Robin
    The Ghost of Christmas Present

Series 14:
    Angus Macgonagall, The Argyle Gargoyle (with Steppin' Out Variant)
    Dead Tom
    Foo-Foo
    Muppet Treasure Island Sweetums
  16. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

out of the characters we could hav gotten, i am most sad that we didn't get seymour, mulch, louis kazager or clueless morgan.

here is what i would have had for series 11-14.

series 11
    baby kermit and piggy with rocking horse
    rowlf as dr. bob with operating table, skethoscope and baskerville
    clueless morgan with rat tourist, swaord, shovel and hat
    *louis kazager with microphone, start flag, baseball diaond, baseball diamond display table, and a rat

series 12
    baby fozzie and gonzo with maracas and toy airplane
    nurse janice with cow, sheep and hat
    *seymour and pepe (as bellhops) with elevador operadors handbook
    mulch with gargoyle, fan letters and brain in jar

series 13
    baby rowlf and scooter with piano and maracas
    nurse piggy with hat, foo foo and stretcher
    mad monty with digging pick, rat tourist and sword
    *zippety zap with bean bunny, hat, carrot, boom microphone and blank tape

series 14
    fozzie bear as squire treleny with hat and model of the hispaniola
    patrol link hogthrob with hat, octopus and handcuffs
    bobo the bear with hat, desk and badge
    *nigel the director with eugene the mink, headset, ratings box and entertainment magazine (with muppets tonight on front)

* is for which characters i would have liked as a repaint.
  17. BEAR Active Member

I have been thinking about this a lot and trying to find the right time and place to say it, so here it is.

I think we could have gotten A LOT more characters (Sal, etc.) if there weren't so many darn variations wasting time and space in the line. I'm sorry, I hope this doesn't offend people, and I think all the different versions of Fozzie and Swedish Chef are cool and all, but come on. We already had that character. You can only have so many Fozzie's and Kermit's in the display. Atleast for me. I feel it is a bad choice and a waste, especially now that people are begging for a Sal, when he really could have been out already. Instead, they had to go and make a Bunsen in a tuxedo! Poor planning if you ask me. I just hope they don't do this with the Sesame line with very few possible exceptions. If they do make a "regular" Grover (which I am sure they would), I think they should just include props and costume accessories for all his different ocupations instead of separately making "Waiter Grover" then "Professor Grover" "Then Mail man Grover" and "Regular Grover". Maybe a special Christmas line would be okay with me, but other than that I better not see a "Vacation Sherlock Hemlock".

Okay, stepping off soapbox now. Thanks for listening.
  18. The Count Moderator

Well... Wait just a second.
    With respect to the Steppin' Out Bunsen and Beaker 2-pack, I must deffer. This is the one release that's nearest to the crown jewels of my collection cause it's the one that has my name on the back of the box, in the Special Thanks section.
    Sure, they could've done that with some other release... But since that's the one, I hope you understand.

As for the rest of your comments Bear... It's OK, a lot of others feel that same way. But understand that in the long run, those variants were necessary to flesh out the series to get where we have. Would it've made sense to get the movies license when all that'd come of it were just RC Kermit? Perhaps that's a bad example, but you get the gist. Variants were needed for the longevity of the lineups to have lasted as they did. And yes, Sal could've been released by now, but consider the various prototypes it's taken just to sculpt something satisfactory to Palisades with the level of quality and detail they've made us accustomed from them. Another thing to consider is that the lineups need to be a bit scattered so that there's a little bit of everything for everyone in a lineup and the retailer/manufacturer doesn't take too big a hit if nothing gets sold. If it were all MT on the pegs, some would go and some would still be there. If it were Kermit Piggy Fozzie and Gonzo, then by the time you got to S4/5 at the latest, you wouldn't have any real main names to help shore up the lesser known characters. So it all helps balance each other factor out.
    Hope this makes some sense and have a good day.
  19. That Announcer New Member

Wow! What other packages have you listed?
  20. BEAR Active Member

Yeah, I second that question and why were you listed. What did you do for them? Count, you da man!!! :cool: