1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Shows you hate but love?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mo, Sep 29, 2012.

1. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I don't understand why I'm starting this thread...or why I'm typing this 0.0
    anyhow, Theres a lot of good shows and theres alot of bad shows
    and there are shows that you think are bad but also good.

I kinda like phineas and ferb because the quotes and diolouge are hilarious but the predictable plot ruins it for me :p
  2. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Active Member

You mean shows so bad, they're good? Well, Penguins of Madagascar has a stupid premise (come on, four bland characters from an only-decent film franchise warranted their own series?), but is surprisingly very enjoyable.
  3. mo

mo Well-Known Member

that's what I mean :)
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'd argue they're the four best characters in the film, with the one even bester character and his two suffering lackeys. If they made the show about Gloria, Melman, Alex, and Marty, I don't think it would have been that good. I somehow really like the franchise, but I think the series is far better than the films themselves. But the show is very addictive. Heck, it even successfully predicted Bronies!

Now, the show I really hate to love is Johnny Test. I know I should hate it and all, but I really liked the first season when it was produced by Warner Bros. It was actually kinda funny then. Then it became the extremeness it mocked, and the flash animated Canadian produced episodes just leave a bad taste in my mouth. Except for like one or two.

And uh... a certain show of an equine nature that I rue the day for ever letting my morbid curiosity succumb to it. I'm not normally ashamed of anything I like, but...
  5. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I just hate that show period, It's ironic that my brothers are watching it while I'm typing this :/
  6. Drtooth

Eh, the Dog is kinda funny, and somehow the character design of Mr. Teacherman cracks me up for some reason. Plus, back when it was on Kid's WB, it was between two good shows, so you kinda have to watch it because there's nothing else on. The only thing I really find interesting is that's it's a reverse Dexter's Lab. The sisters are the smart ones and the brother is the idiot who keeps screwing in the laboratory. And, while the novelty wore off on it very quick, I actually found it novel that the main character was a freaking spoiled brat. Growing up with overly sweet 1980's cartoon kids, it is a revolutionary concept. Even Bart Simpson shows signs of remorse sometimes.

Still, the Warner Bros produced season is the only decent one. I especially like the one where he accidentally builds a nightmare house for his father, and it's haunted by the "Stay at home dad clowns." ("You're dad has issues")
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I used to really hate Hogan's Heroes with a passion because of how stupid and trivial the show was, making war look like a big party and a great time had by all, and depicting the Nazis as sweet and lovable buffoons... but for some reason, it's grown on me in recent years... though it still can't hold a candle to a far more superior show like M*A*S*H.
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  8. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I'd say The Fairly Oddparents falls into that category. As I said before, I watch it, but I don't really like it. I dunno. it's one of those weird shows that even though I can't stand it, once I start watching it, I just either can't turn it off, or don't feel like turning it off.

I also have to agree with DrTooth about Johnny Test. I don't particularly like it, but some of the episodes are pretty good. Although sometimes I'll sit and wonder why the heck I'm still watching it...then I realize there is nothing better on XP
  9. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

I'm going to say "Drawn Together". That cartoon was so gross and mean. But yet, I couldn't help watching it either.
  10. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

What's this about love and hate?
  11. D'Snowth

TV shows that you love to hate. Meaning, what shows are there that you actually take joy in hating so much?
  12. Sgt Floyd

I took it as shows that you hate, but still love watching for some reason
    Hayley B likes this.
  13. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Oh that sounds tricky!
  14. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Law & Order: SVU. I'll watch it anytime it's on, but I always end up complaining about how over the top and melodramatic it is, lol.
  15. D'Snowth

Well, when there's a show you love to hate, don't you still watch it anyway, if only just to make fun of it?
    You mean the OTHER versions of Law & Order aren't like that? O.O
  16. Sgt Floyd

this isn't love to hate, this is hate but love...sounds like a difference in meaning to me...
  17. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

The original's much less preachy and over the top, yes. :)
  18. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

As I took it.
  19. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Active Member

We all are entitled to our own opinions. That's why they're called "opinions," not "facts".
  20. Drtooth

I thought it was shows that you hate the fact you like/are ashamed that you watch. Like I said, I'm soooo ashamed of liking that certain Hasbro toy series that isn't G.I. Joe or Transformers. To quote Lawson of Recess eating something Vince made, "NUTS!!! This Stuff Rules." Still, I was born a Potatohead fan and I'll DIE a Potatohead fan. Why isn't the Mr. Potatohead puppet show on Hub?

But if it's shows you hate that you watch because they're on... Zula Patrol. Sometimes Dark Truder and his hair piece are funny, the Cam Clarke narrator can make a couple good jokes time and again.. But the animation is freaking awful! It's like PS 1 cutscene/Brazilian Disney movie knockoff bad. And this is from Kent Butterworth, an animator I really respect and admire who single handedly animated the wildtake by Oilcan Harry in this scene from Filmation's Mighty Mouse:

But that's not the worst of it. It airs OPPOSITE itself on 2 channels, qubo and my PBS kids digital channel. It used to be on three channels at one point until NBC went with Sprout. It's not that spectacular a show to be on that many times opposite itself. And even if it wasn't, it's like ALWAYS on.