Shows you hate but love?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I knew I shouldn't have posted that! It doesn't come on where I live. I just watch it online when I'm bored, but since I feel bad about watching it and making it stay on air I won't watch it as much.
aww I just got impaled yesterday, you can impale me on friday, deal?
I will protect you for you love of Russell, and Lola, and Wreck-it Ralph!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, I was gonna have you tarred and feathered that day, but I suppose it could be a two-fer-one special.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm having a special this week. You can rent Animal for 5 bucks a day. This does not cover feeding costs or any damage to buildings or other people.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I knew I shouldn't have posted that! It doesn't come on where I live. I just watch it online when I'm bored, but since I feel bad about watching it and making it stay on air I won't watch it as much.
Depends where you watch it. If it's a legal site, it is supporting the series... if it's not, it isn't.

Still, I just think there's a heaping pile of Values Dissonance with the original show (Toddlers and Tiaras). Some parts of the country don't blink an eye at toddler beauty pageants... as far as me goes, all I can think of is a certain word beginning with P and rhyming with Schmedophile.

But for the most part, there is such a bankruptcy of morals on the supposed "Learning" channel between the cult families with 20 kids, the circus freak documentaries with sensational names about really really fat people, and this. I get the whole bit about laughing at people you're glad you're not, just not my bag. Not to mention that Reality TV is essentially sweatshop television. I prefer to save irony for bad scripted materials like movies and lame cartoon shows.

Collgoff

Reaction score
The way Muppet fans are used to, and worst for the little dears watching he makes the song literal instead of the deep message by having Mr. Williams step through a rainbow....that's not what the song is really about!
Oh!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Back to the subject at hand... for so bad it's good, I have a love hate with Superfriends.

Though, to be fair, Challenge of the Superfriends (the one with the Legion of Doom), The Legendary Super Powers Team (the one with Jack Kirby's Darkseid... the only time he ever got just compensation for his creations, mind you), and the final season with Cyborg get less and less SBIG with every season.

But I mean the episodes with the Wonder Twins and every villain being a well intentioned scientist that goes mad. Those are pretty darn terrible cartoons, but so unintentionally hilarious you just can't hate them. None of the characters has a discernible personality and could be interchanged easily (except the Twins who HAD to be in every episode). And this is the reason why everyone hates Aquaman. To make things worse, EVERY episode ends with Gleek the Monkey capering about and everyone laughing. Seriously... Gleek makes Orko look like Rambo. Heck, even Jar Jar is less annoying than that monkey. And the segments of the show where the Wonder Twins deliver morals and safety tips in such an anvilicious manner... ugh!