1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Similarities between Muppet Babies and Looney Tunes

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by bobhopesite, Jun 5, 2004.

1. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Similarities Between Muppet Babies and Baby Looney Tunes

1. Kermit is like Bugs.

2. Daffy is like Gonzo.

3. Taz is just like Animal (crazy talk)

4. They have a lady who watches them. (ex. Granny and Nanny)

5. Lola is like Piggy.

6. The characters are not played by there Original Perforrmer who usally plays them.
  2. Rowlf's Roadie

Rowlf's Roadie New Member

Well, DUH! As if Baby Looney Tunes hasn't been done before. :rolleyes:
  3. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

Okay, when has Baby Looney Tunes been done before in an animated cartoon series? Sure, they have been done in the orginal Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies; not in their own series.
  4. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

well it is a simalar concept to TINY TOONS, as i recall reading the idea behind that show was to avoid creating another "muppet babies" like show hence the reason new charecter with simalar personalities were created (quite well done as well , was one of my guilty pleasures back in high school, i guess comming up with original concepts and doing new things is beyond most of this big corporate entertainment companies, god forbid they should try to do something new instead of re-inventing the wheel.

maybe the muppets should try something like thta, with the classics teaching a performance class to new upand comming muppet kids,
  5. Rowlf's Roadie

Rowlf's Roadie New Member

I meant that the whole concept was done before as Muppet Babies.
  6. Klonoa

Klonoa New Member

There is a Baby Looney Tunes cartoon. It's horrible.

Not like Muppet Babies, which was brilliant.

--Klonoa
  7. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Yeah, I seen a little bit of the Baby Looney Tunes a few years ago and Klonoa is right, it's horrible.
  8. hdofu

hdofu New Member

The concept was simmilar, but Tiny Toons was a vastly superior result
  9. Muppet Crypts

Muppet Crypts New Member

I agree Tiny Ton s was funny Muppet Babies was a masterpeice and Baby lonny toons has its merits
  10. bobhopesite

It thought tiny toons were like muppet babies sort of.
  11. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Jim Henson created the Muppet Babies for The Muppets Take Manhattan, and after that we were inundated with horrible spin-offs like A Pup Named Scooby Doo, Flintstone Kids, Tom and Jerry Kids, and it still goes on today. There were duo shows such as Popeye and Son, Pink Panther and Son...the list goes on.

Muppet Babies was the first in any franchise to make a big deal out of prequelling adult characters as babies.
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Don't forget the crappy "Gadget boy and Heather" show.... at least Don Adams supplied the voice... oy!

Yeah, baby Looney Tunes was pathetic. the others were passable, Tiny Toons was great (though I much preferred Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain). But Muppet Babies was the best of all of them....
  13. bobhopesite

I think all of its just the same.
  14. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

Even though I'm a fan of Muppet Babies, I have to agree that Tiny Toon Adventures probably did pull the concept off better than most shows with that theme. It was probably because the characters in Tiny Toons weren't younger versions of the Looney Tunes characters, like the Muppet Babies and so many other shows that were inspired by that. They may have resembled their adult counterparts to a point, but that was where the similarities ended. The TTA characters were their own individual characters who had their own schtick and their own lives.

-Kim
  15. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

An important thing to keep in mind is that Muppet Babies was the first babies/kids version of classic characters. The Muppets Babies were the first television show to use the "babies" concept.

Many others followed because Muppet Babies was so sucessful (Flintstone Kids, Scooby Doo Kids, Tiny Toons, etc).
  16. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I think they did a better job than anybody else as well. Tiny Toons was great but it's not really a prequel as much as a spin-off.
  17. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Careful. I liked "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo." Anyway, I really liked "Muppet Babies." I used to watch that one a lot more than the original Muppet shows and movies.
  18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Most folks raised during the Muppet Babies years have watched them more than TMS or most other puppet related Muppet productions. I have a cousin who still considers Muppet Babies the ORIGINAL Muppets.

Pup named Scooby Doo wasn't TERRIBLE, but I still can't stomach it. I prefer the older versions of those characters...sans Scrappy. Scrappy is actually the worst thing to ever happen to ANY franchise!!
  19. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I understand. You're entitled to your opinion.
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Personally, I had the rare privalage (sp?) of being able to see TMS reruns Saturday morning (locally) an hour before MB was on... SWEET!

I liked it myself, considering Scooby Doo is a pretty campy show. I prefer the newer, "What's new Scooby Doo?" show because there's more possibilities (not just throwing on a costume) and the dialogue is pretty self satirical in it's own way (funnier than the self satirical stuff from the live action movie). My favorite example:

Villain: I would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids.

Velma: Technically you DID get away with it. No one got hurt, so you didn't do anything wrong.

But totall agreement on Scrappy.... people complain about the Great Gazoo on Flintstones, Orbity on Jetsons, and Corperal Capeman from Inspector Gadget... Scrappy was just the worst thing they did to the frnachise, even worse than the 3000 ripoffs of Scooby Doo Hanna Barbara spat out in the 70's....