1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Similarities between Muppet Babies and Looney Tunes

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by bobhopesite, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Disneys Muppets New Member

Its like the baby muppets went into a cloning machine and Baby Looney Tunes came out.

Taz and animal are crazy.
  2. And thank lord it's better then "Scooby-Doo Meets The Boo Brothers" (Warner Bros. still calls it a 'brand-new movie').
  3. Klonoa New Member

Sigh...nobody likes Scrappy but me.

But then, I tend to like the annoying kid characters in things. Some of my favorites are Scrappy, Tails, Genis, Ewoks, Jar Jar...(ducks flying objects).

When I was little I'd wake up my parents by jumping on their bed and yelling, "Dah dah dah dahdah! Puppy Power!"

--Klonoa
  4. Skeeter Muppet Active Member

I like Scrappy!

-Kim
  5. McFraggle Active Member

I like the Ewoks and Scrappy too!
  6. sarah_yzma Active Member

I don't think bobhopesite is talking about tiny toons (although I could be wrong) I think it's about the actual cartoon with baby looney toons (the name of it, I can't recall) I've seen it, it's not all that good
  7. McFraggle Active Member

I've seen it. It's pretty bad.
  8. Beakerfan Active Member

I think you guys are all forgetting that all of these shows were geared for little kids. And most little kids shows have to be really simple-minded for little kids to comprehend them. Now, yes, being a teenager, the only one I would really watch is probably Muppet Babies, because it's not as simple minded, and because I still find it funny. I'll also have you know I used to watch every single one of those shows!
  9. Drtooth Well-Known Member

While we're on the subject, Jeremy Scott (the head writer for Muppetbabies) worked on 2 proposed pilots (or at least one, I have to double check) for a Baby-fication of the Three Stooges...obvious pun title "Wee Stooges"

At this point in time, you should know that Jeremy was the grandson of Moe of the stooges. This also explains the reason they used so many clips of Stooge shorts in episodes.

You know, I thought Baby Looney Tunes died, but apparently thy air 2 eps a day on Cartoon Network.... yet another reason not to get cable.
  10. Klonoa New Member

Jeremy Scott? Don't you mean Jeffrey Scott?

I know that a Jeffrey Scott wrote scripts for the Muppet Babies cartoon. Other good ones he worked on were TaleSpin. And of course, he's had his share of stinkers, too, like the Pac-Man cartoon and Mega Man and Super Friends. I think he has his own Web page somewhere.

--Klonoa
    Hey I loved the Pac-Man cartoon, but it certainly wasn't well written!
  11. McFraggle Active Member

TaleSpin, now there was another good show.
  12. Klonoa New Member

Yeah, Disney TV cartoons around that time were actually pretty decent. DuckTales, Gummi Bears, Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin, DarkWing Duck. They were all pretty fun.

--Klonoa
  13. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yah know, I have his "How to write for cartoons" book and I STILL screwed up his name....

He also worked on the last season of the original TMNT, he had an excellent handle on the Turtle's characters, but the episodes were'nt too strong. mainly he came into the series when Lord Dregg replaced Shredder...
  14. Klonoa New Member

Wait a minute, are you talking about the TMNT episodes where the turtles could turn into super mutant monsters all ugly with spiky shells? And they'd only turn that way during pivital plot points? Oh brother! :)

The most recent thing I read that Jeffrey Scott did was DragonTales.

--Klonoa
  15. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Undoubtedly almost as bad as the live action female fifth Turtle! I feel kinda sorry for the guy.... he didn't really start these rediculous concepts... he worked on season ten, and the Super Mutations (as per my understanding) started in Season 9, by Dave Wise. It's almost like they were sabotaging the show for Jeff's arrival, so he could take the blaime.
    :p

They were pretty lousy, though. Seen them on the old Ninja Turtles DVD rerelease. Four episodes of Season 10 were bonus features, backing up the first 5 episodes mad in 1987!
  16. McFraggle Active Member

Yeah, I liked all of those. DuckTales was probably my fave though. :)
  17. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Back to the subject....

The only good thing about Baby Looney Tunes? June Foray is the voice of Granny.... and that's coming from a die Hard Bullwinkle fan, like me!