Simpsons 300th episode is on!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I kinda liked the 301 ep better, i'm not really into skate board stuff, but it was pretty good,i did miss the beging of that one because i had just got out of work at 8. i started when bart was packing his bags.

hey that hippy van in the 2nd ep kinda looked like the EM bus!!!

beaker

Reaction score
Decided to give Simpsons a try again tonight. A few of the little subtle jabs were amusing, but overall?

*TUMBLEWEEDS*

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I happened to catch the cast of The Simpsons on that Bravo show, Inside the Actors' Studio... it was very amusing! Pretty cool to see five people do *all* those voices, switching from one to another. I am not much of a Simpsons fan anymore, but still it was interesting to hear the cast talk. They re-run those shows all the time, so keep an eye out for it.

Bulldawg

Reaction score
so wait...which one was episode 300??

Bart being emancipated from Homer and moving out on his own??

or

Lisa in the Spellympics??

the one featuring Bart seemed to have more "special guest stars"

be funny to see Playmates make a Celebrity Simpsons figure of Tony Hawk.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Bart being emancipated from Homer and moving out on his own was 300, they make a joke about it with lisa saying this is the 300th time homer has done something crazy.

Lisa in the Spellympics was 301, they went in order.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I laughed out loud when Bart said he doesn't remember ever appearing in a commercial and then starts eating a Butterfinger.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
Bart being emancipated from Homer and moving out on his own was 300, they make a joke about it with lisa saying this is the 300th time homer has done something crazy.

Lisa in the Spellympics was 301, they went in order.
The funny thing is, during episode 300 Lisa and Marge are talking about how many times Homer has done something crazy, and Lisa says "I thought it was 302 times" ...and Marge is all 'shhhhh!'
Implying it was actually episode 302, which is sort of true. Counting the 1989 Xmas episode, and then another episode(Simpsons through the years retrospective?)

Unfortunately, its clear to me Simpsons has lost so much of its smarts...for this highly touted episode 300 it sure seemed far from epic. Remember that breathtaking 1999 season endeder when the Simpsons went to Japan? I swear Ive never seen a more out there and hillarious episode. I wish they could go back to that relaly out there smart stuff...seems like Family Guy took off where Simpsons left off(too bad it didnt last)

GWGumby

Reaction score
I have to admit for all that it was being touted, it was pretty much just another Simpsons' Episode. I think it's rather rediculous that they're planning an entire playset based on it. It's a nice tribute, but that was hardly an epic episode.

That being said, I still love the Simpsons and have stuck with it through thick and thin. I think the quality of the episodes has been much improved this year. Even to the point where they can actually go through almost two episodes without needing a special guest star of the week to appear.