Simpsons 300th episode is on!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
The hour block of Simpsons reruns on sunday illustrated how Simpsons can still be edgy and irreverent. I love the Simpsons going to Walt Disney World episode, as well as the other episode they had(where Bart was trying to finish his homework assignment) We got what I think is the first Futurama cameo on the Simpsons(with Bender) I think the only Simpsons on Futurama cameo before was Kudos and Krang.
Well, there was that one where they ended it as a Fox Pledge Drive, and Bender, Hank Hill, Mulder, and one of the Pj's were seen taking calls. Plus there was a couch gag opening that had the family members fall out of transport tubes, and Fry falls out of the last one.

I wish I tape the Dizzy world one, though. It was on at 7, and I missed half of it. Plus when it was first on, I didn't tape it because I thought it was preemptied by frikkin football.

But as Beaker said, there are a few gems (the Perfect strangers Refference in ep 300, the ribwich portion of Spellympics) But some were just bad. I didn't like the one where Apu cheats on his wife (who wasn't even voiced by Jan Hooks in that one), I felt it fell flat with too many bad India related puns (Blandoori? Tumbleweeds, to coin a phrase)

Of course, NOTHING beats the old first/second season reruns.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
But as Beaker said, there are a few gems (the Perfect strangers Refference in ep 300, the ribwich portion of Spellympics) But some were just bad. I didn't like the one where Apu cheats on his wife (who wasn't even voiced by Jan Hooks in that one), I felt it fell flat with too many bad India related puns (Blandoori? Tumbleweeds, to coin a phrase)

Of course, NOTHING beats the old first/second season reruns.
Oh yeah! I forgot the Perfect Stranger thing from a couple weeks ago. Still, Family Guy has Simpsons beat hands down for all out Dennis Miller-esque 3am mind candy and obscure pop references. Too bad they took it off the air. *sigh*

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about the other Futurama references, heh. Too bad that show got canned...it had wayyy better animation than the Simpsons(even cgi!)

Finally, I definately think overall though, *tumbleweeds* would be an excellent way to describe the last couple episodes of The Simpsons. When they have Comic Book Guy come out and say "Worst...episode...ever" you know that means something.
To say Simpsons is hit and miss these days is an undertstatement.

Btw, nothing beats the 80's epiosde of Futurama...now that was some funny stuff!