1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Since when does WMG own Sesame Street?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by CBPuppets, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Muzzarino

Muzzarino Well-Known Member

You can file a counter notification if the company no longer owns the video unless Sesame Workshop is the one to take the Sesame videos down.

2. DePingPong

DePingPong Well-Known Member

I mean, I don't really mind if my home release uploads get taken down. If people wanna see them so bad then support the official release by buying them digitally, on DVD or VHS.

Also, my copy of Learning About Letters is now back up, strange.

3. Fozzieboba

Fozzieboba Active Member

It's not like Disney Junior content is taken down very seriously on YouTube, but does Disney Junior content do well on Dailymotion?

4. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I have no idea.

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

6. PumpkinJ

PumpkinJ Well-Known Member

@Fozzieboba, I don't think it's gonna do well on Dailymotion.

According to @D'Snowth's video demanding people to stop asking him for Sesame Street content, he said that "Dailymotion had recently gotten just as bad about copyright as YouTube now that they've figured that more people are immigrating to there from YouTube."

7. Fozzieboba

Fozzieboba Active Member

Where can all content Disney Junior related be posted if YouTube or Dailymotion can't allow it?

8. LittleJerry92

No where.

It's called copyright. Disney has the right to take their stuff down whether you like it or not.

9. Fozzieboba

Fozzieboba Active Member

What is LDS Family? That's what Disney owns the show Octonauts with, but does LDS Family even own the show?

10. Fozzieboba

Fozzieboba Active Member

Why is some content by the owner we upload (especially full episodes and any episode of a full show) considered copyright?

11. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

To cut to the chase, if we upload all the Muppet Show seasons to YouTube then no one's gonna buy the DVD's.

12. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

It's considered copyright because they made/produced it and have the right to do whatever they want with the material because it's theirs.

13. LittleJerry92

14. BuddyBoy600alt

BuddyBoy600alt Well-Known Member

Well, I posted stuff on Twitch. The Disney cartoon I posted on Twitch is Marsupilami and Maurice.

15. BuddyBoy600alt

I don't post much on Dailymotion. Since they don't have video comments. And now, I use Twitch to post videos.

16. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Who even uses Twitch for that?

17. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

There is one way... Google Photos.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  18. Muzzarino

Muzzarino Well-Known Member

Nope, that'll never work they'll still crack down on full episodes there too.

BuddyBoy600alt likes this.
  19. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

I upload full episodes on my Google Photos album and SW hasn't taken down anything from there. Trust me it will work.

Froggy Fool and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  20. BuddyBoy600alt

I have to agree with Muzzario. And besides. I am currently uploading Sesame Street clips on Twitch! I had to give up posting Sesame Street clips on Youtube after Sesame Workshop put up a Copyright complaint on Youtube back in 2013. Besides that, I also posted episodes of Disney's Marsupilami on Twitch as well.