Skippyshorts: Most hilarious show on youtube.

Luke

Reaction score
I think the editing is very very good for a Youtube clip .. i didn't find it that funny, but that could just be me. It's good to see people having a go anyway.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Meh. It's okay. The composition and editing are nice. The puppets serve the purposes of the pieces. The handful of clips that I viewed are enough for my taste unless they punch up the writing a level. Fun enough stuff that I hope gets "funner" in the future. :smile:

Bob1995

Reaction score
Meh. It's okay. The composition and editing are nice. The puppets serve the purposes of the pieces. The handful of clips that I viewed are enough for my taste unless they punch up the writing a level. Fun enough stuff that I hope gets "funner" in the future. :smile:
Just to inform, the comedy is improv, like Puppet Up.

Luke

Reaction score
Really? It doesn't come across as improv. Puppet Up obviously is totally unprepared, even the situations.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I get it. I just don't find it *that* funny. Post production elements and editing techniques prevent this from being true improv. It does appear a little planned and written. It is inappropriate to say there's something wrong with a person that doesn't share your particular taste in humor as such a statement contradicts forum guidelines. I see that you are a new member so welcome to the forum! :smile:

I like Puppet Up! That's funny.

Skippy

Reaction score
Oh wow, someone is actually talking about us! Crazy. Glad to hear the praise and criticism, both. It's just nice to be talked about.

My name is Aaron Salvato, I'm one half of NearFar Productions, an independant puppet production company. We're based in Southern California and started this whole crazy mess two years ago as students, we eventually started making youtube videos, people started to like them, we got featured on youtube, and then some enterpernuers tried to capitalize on our sucess and fund our effort to start a company!

We got 50,000 dollars in investments to start a company, we rented a studio, got professional cameras and lighting, and tried to do what Henson did, but when the economy went bad we didn't stand a chance. We lost everything, we just moved out of our studio the other day.

It's been an amazing experience but we're still trying to "make it". We really want to do puppetry in entertainment professionaly and bring our brand of puppet comedy to the big screens! It's like Kermit said, "I just want to make people happy." We've got the Kermit dream, and after almost three years I think we've done good.

I've edited the majority of the videos and invented our style format, so thank you for the comments on the editing, video editing is my favorite thing ever, so thankyew. :wink:

My Partner in crime, John Barger invented the Skippy character is the comedic brains behind us, and actually a lot of what we do is improv in the sense that I'll say, "Hey John! Do a ramble on Sleeping Beauty in under two minutes!" and he'll just make stuff up, we shoot it, I edit it and we have a video! That's pretty much how it works for us, but if you wanna be technical, that's allright, I guess we're not "true" improv. :smile:

Anyways guys thanks for liking the vids! I'd love any more input you guys have. Keep an eye on our company, we're actually losing the Name NearFar due to some associations we've made, and taking on a new company name, and also we're attempting to get a new studio soon, so hopefully I can provide you with more info.

Simply, we're living the dream. We're just two guys who want to bring puppet entertainment to people and support our families. :smile: