SNL or Mad TV?

superfan

Reaction score
Just wondering which you like better...
Saturday Night Live or Mad TV.

It's truly a toss up for me. I enjoy elements of both. I miss Phil Hartman, Gilda Radner and Chris Farley (bless their funny souls). I know it's not as funny as it was, but I tune in every week, and it's pretty much a guarantee I'll have some fairly hearty laughs. MadTV was awesome with Wil Sasso (fellow Canuck) in the Kenny Rogers ******* and Punk'd take off's. Mo Colins makes me laugh out loud, too.

And you...?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
SNL: through its good casts and moments, MadTv: when the writing is good. My roomie Sean got me into MadTv,it had its moments between the first and third season & for an occasional skit I rather be asleep during both SNL & MadTv:attitude: .

Whatever

Reaction score
SNL. I've never seen either one, but I love Gilda Radner!
Besides, I never even heard of Mad TV.
60 second rule. Grrrr. I swear it's been longer than 60 seconds.

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
SNL--and it's not even close for me. I watched Mad TV during it's first season and found it boring. I've only seen it sporadically since.

SNL, of course, is pretty hit-or-miss but I usually catch at least part of it every week. Plus, SNL at its best (i.e. Eddie Murphy's prime, Phil Hartman, etc) might be the funniest thing on TV.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Definitely SNL, though it's often not funny these days. In its prime, it was hilarious. I usually like their political humor and other things where they're impersonating people. I loved Will Ferrell and my current favorite is Seth Myers, who's just doggone cute. Really talented, too. But the first few years were the best.
Erin

Klonoa

Reaction score
SNL used to be funny a long time ago but it's not anymore. I only watch Mad TV for the Spy vs. Spy cartoons.

--Klonoa

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I like both shows, but I definitely like SNL better. They just lost the best performer of the current group (Jimmy Fallon) but their female performers seem to be stepping up just fine.

Mad TV can really be hilarious, but it's hit and miss.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
SNL for me. MTV is a tad raunchy for my taste (not to say that SNL doesn't get that way)