So...Any Muppet Stuff At Toy Fair?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Those Koosh don't exist. They're just really bad Photoshop mock-ups sticking MR posers, Palisades figures and what the heck ever it was they used for Piggy on to Koosh backgrounds. The designs should look much better and far different. I laughed when seeing that picture.
I meant seem good, minus the bad pics (I knew they were Photoshopped anyway). I bet they won't even look that good, even AS bad Photo mock ups. If Beaker DOES turn out to look similar to that, I could see buying him, and if Gonzo's decent too. I would stand to get one Vynalmation, but only if they were avaliable everywhere, and not something I have to order on line. But all and all, I'd rather get the Star Wars set if that's even still available.

Totally disappointing, but it's still more than we got last year which was nothing.

Luke

Reaction score
Well the new Muppet plushes sound very good, i'd hope they'd expand the characters tho. When Disney first bought the Muppets there were Muppet beanies in the UK Disney stores and the character choice was as wide as beaker, bunsen, statler and waldorf, chef etc. Be good to think merch won't just be based around the main 5 - especially after the good work on screen keeping the wider universe on screen.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just want someone to get off their duff and make a dang Pepe plush you don't have to win in a carnival/claw machine. For some reason, i always got foiled trying to get a plush Gonzo... so that;s sort of interesting. All and all, the Pook-a-Looz are the only thing really interesting here. Maybe the Koosh if they're done well (which they probably won't be).

beaker

Reaction score
Bottom line, like last year there really wasnt anything shown of much interest. We already know about the flat disney plush, which are awesome possum. But thats it. Those new FR plushes pale compared to the sababa 2003 ones. And Dinosaur Train, thats not even Muppet related by a long shot. Also, I vomit with my soul crying everytime I see anything Elmo related.

There are Muppet Koosh coming out as reported by Newsflash. Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Beaker and Gonzo.
*shudders*

Also, THANK you for the vinylmation link. I SOOOO want that Bean Bunny but am not going to play the blind box game(tho oddly enough i always manage to get in 1 try the character i want)

I just want someone to get off their duff and make a dang Pepe plush you don't have to win in a carnival/claw machine. For some reason, i always got foiled trying to get a plush Gonzo... so that;s sort of interesting. All and all, the Pook-a-Looz are the only thing really interesting here. Maybe the Koosh if they're done well (which they probably won't be).
All I did was pay the carnie guy a few bucks, and he let me have any muppet nanco plushes i wanted, so i got all the non ugly ones in 2003. then was able to get the german, australian and other anniv. mcdonalds muppet plushes for cheap.

Sadly, I never once saw pepe plush from nanco in person, just ridiculously priced ebay auctions.

Drtooth

Reaction score
All I did was pay the carnie guy a few bucks, and he let me have any muppet nanco plushes i wanted, so i got all the non ugly ones in 2003. then was able to get the german, australian and other anniv. mcdonalds muppet plushes for cheap.

To think... I went apescat trying in vain to get that Heathcliff years ago.

The sad thing is, the only plastic figural merchandise IS Dinosaur Train. and while I do dig some of the character designs, it's just not good enough for me. I really wish Sid had some sort of figure line... I was less than impressed with the painted on faces of the plush line.

The small Count plush from Gund is alright... but it's so disappointing they didn't have a larger selection of 40th anniversary fan favorites like they did for the 35th. It's very disappointing they don't even have a Murray, and he's on EVERY episode.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I predict next year will be a better year for Muppet toys, but there's always ComicCon and D23 for such announcements. Those are a ways away, but its only several months away.

Drtooth

Reaction score
We can only hope they're saving their best stuff until then, or they have some stuff that wasn't ready for press time.

I'm not expecting an epic line like Palisades by a long shot. I just want to see something of decent quality... and something coming out of Sesame Street than the usual Elmo stuff. Really... 40th anniversary, and they best you can do is an overpriced remake of a 70's toy? Mmm-mmm...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The one thing that seems to be getting lost in all this is what will come from Hasbro's new deal with Sesame Street. I'd love to see them market figures like they've done with Star Wars. Better quality, of course, but man...think of all the characters on cards and pegs at Target.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Mixed blessing here. Their Dark Crystal sculptures were cost prohibitive to own and their Fraggle line never came to fruition even though they kept advertising it. I'm not certain they understand the Muppet/Henson collector, but this does interest me. We will just have to see.

The time of being a Muppet product completist seems to be over unless a collector has scads of cash. Mixed blessing, like I said before, but I’m choosing to be hopeful about this. I wish they released some designs we could see.