So now what?

MWoO

Reaction score
Yeah, AVMMC was really a muppet show based movie. It was like an extended myuppet show with no guest star or regular skits. What else could a Muppet Show Movie be other than AVMMC? A hour and a half long regular muppet show?

I'm not opposed to continuing the old muppet show with the theater. I love the theathewr and back stage sets. I just don't know if going back to an old show is the best course of action.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
THe Muppet show movie could be a week long movie thng where they explore one week in the making of the muppet show with the muppets practicing skits guest stars visiting table reads reherashal costume choice and the night after like SNL

unclematt

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
THe Muppet show movie could be a week long movie thng where they explore one week in the making of the muppet show with the muppets practicing skits guest stars visiting table reads reherashal costume choice and the night after like SNL
Not so sure I am keen on that idea.

unclematt

Reaction score
MWoO I think that is the first thing we agree on.

HPDJ

Reaction score
Don't call others names because they don't like your idea Kimp! You're attitude can be TERRIBLE on times. It's a bad idea, live with it!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Um, well, HPDJ, I'm not sure your reaction is the best in the world, either. For accuracy's sake, Kimp didn't call anyone names, just said "boo hiss what's wrong with it". Two very different things.

So everybody take a deep breath, calm down, don't just blow up. :smile:crazy: Crazy Harry, please restrain yourself.) Let's not bite each other's heads off. It leaves some people headless, and everyone else with a bad taste in their mouth. Not a good idea.

Kimp, I think your idea could work, if it was done right. The only thing is that I don't see much of a major conflict in it, it's just them putting on the show. And while I love to see the muppets trying to put on a show, like the backstage parts of TMS, I don't think it could carry a whole movie, unless there was another major conflict added that made it extremely difficult to put on the show. For example, if a whole bunch of muppets just walked out on the show. Like, take an episode idea from TMS- say, for example, when the band left. Except instead of just having them announce when the show starts that they're leaving, have them walk out at the beginning of the week. Then the movie could be spent showing Kermit trying to get another band to replace them, none of them working out, and meanwhile the band can't find anywhere else to fit in, so they split up, and nobody's happy. Then all of a sudden the show is about to start, and each member of the band walks in all, "What was I thinking? I belong here." And then it could be all happily-ever-after.

Woah, I just wrote... hey, that could be a fun fanfic... oh, fun fanfic, say that ten times fast... (fun fanfic fun fanfic funfan fic fufan fic fufafic...)

Anyway. What I'm saying is that it would be difficult to pull off just right. If they did manage to pull it off, I think it could be very enjoyable. But I think it would need a big conflict in it, instead of just being "let's put on a show". That's all.