So now what?

unclematt

Reaction score
Its hard to argue with TogetherAgain, the Muppet Show is the best way to go. A Muppet Movie about the Muppet Show would be outstanding if done right. I think they should work in a muffin skit. I missed you guys!!!

MWoO

Reaction score
I think you guys are trying too hard to hang onto the past. I mean do you really want a rehash of the same old muppet show? Why? Because it is familiar? While I did enjoy seeing the Muppet Theater in AVMMC, I don't know if they should just rehash the show.

Xela

Reaction score
MWoO said:
I do like the idea of a muppet horror movie if done right. It's one of the styles they haven't done yet. The only problem is can it been done properly.
Ooh, that could be interesting...

unclematt

Reaction score
MWoO said:
I think you guys are trying too hard to hang onto the past. I mean do you really want a rehash of the same old muppet show? Why? Because it is familiar? While I did enjoy seeing the Muppet Theater in AVMMC, I don't know if they should just rehash the show.
Wednt want a rehash of the old Muppet Show. We want a new Muppet Show with new material in a proven successful format. There is a difference.

MWoO

Reaction score
Not really. You want the same characters with the same theater. Obviously the material would be new, but is it really a new show or just the old show being continued? I'm sure people would want Pigs in Space back and I am sure people would want Vet's Hospital and all that stuff. Sounds more like a rehashing than an actual new show.

unclematt

Reaction score
I disagree. Sure, we would want to see a Pigs in Space here and there and a Vet's Hospital every now and again but for the most part you have a whole new generation of Muppets to work with to combine with the old. Now that they are recasting the older Muppets there are more opportunities to see the two genrations merge. I personally think the Muppets could be in thier hay day right now. And a continuation of the Muppet Show, if thats wht you want to call, sounds like one of the best ways to get them thier. As a true Muppet fan I really hope they can get back to where they once where.

Drtooth

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Compaired to rehashing old book ideas, especially the Christmas Carol, which everyone from Mister Magoo to Fred Flintstone already milked? Besides, we have never had a Muppet Show based movie. And I was thinking less about the theater, more about the skit format.

unclematt

Reaction score
I think there ould have to be sort of theatre aspect but the movie does not have to be centered around it. I think it is a fantastic idea

HPDJ

Reaction score
I consider AVMMC as a muppet show spin-off.