So now what?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Retired re-schmired! :smile: 'Sides, Scooter was retired too remember? It's great to see him back in action. I'm sure the guy who keeps doing one-liners for Dr. Teeth could do him. If not, I could! :big_grin:

Thanks That Announcer! I like Pepe as the White Rabbit just cause he only makes occasional appearances, 'cept for a couple scenes. He'd be the comic relief every once in a while, plus he's a big draw for the newer Muppet fans. "Leave me alone okay! I'm late for an important...daaaaaaate okay." :rolleyes:

I LOVE the idea of Beauregard as the Cheshire Cat! He'd be riddling, but he wouldn't even know it! And when Kermit would ask him directions and stuff, Beau would be like "the White what? Where did who go?" Classic.

Sweetums could just be a part of the "Card Sharks" or something. Hmm. This is fun!

Goelz, it's been a rumor for a while that Disney is gonna do some kind of show or special about The Muppet Kids. Some grumble about it, but I would love to see any new Muppet stuff!

That Announcer

Reaction score
Yeah! I haven't read Wonderland in a while, so I honestly couldn't remember what the White Rabbit's role size is. In that case, Pepe is perfect.

However, I just realized a more obvious choice for the Cat: Teeth. That smile is a killer!

Oh, and Kimp: sorry to tell ya, but Rowlf is not retired. Bill performs him every once in a while now. Does a darn fine job of it too.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Well, I have one suggestion.

I post on the View Askewniverse Message Boards (where my favorite director Kevin Smith calls his own little corner of the universe), and there's a chap there named Bryan Lynch. He wrote a script a long time ago called 'The Next Muppet Movie', which Ain't It Cool News reviewed at one time. I'm sure that most of you have probably heard of this. It sounds amazing to me, and it strikes me as a possible next project and may even restart the Muppet franchise. You can find the script review http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=3898.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Personally, I like the sounds of "The Great Muppet Wedding" where it's all about planning the wedding, cos as much as I loved MCC, MTI and will probably love MWoO, I think it's about time we had a proper MUPPETS movie.

HPDJ

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
I think it's about time we had a proper MUPPETS movie.
Here, here! I've always thought that this could be a plot-
Kermit and Piggy have moved into a new house, away from the rest of the Muppets, after a second Honeymoon. They discover that the theatre they got married in did not have a marrige lisence. They then ask a group of their friends to help them plan a wedding.

HPDJ

Reaction score
Why don't we all write a script together following that plot? We could do it on the fan fic board!

MWoO

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Rowlf is Retired
I believe the "retired" characters are being brought back because JHC finally realized you can't retire characters left and right every time a performer dies or retires. So many characters were retired or on the way out by the time MT came along that they had to basically create an entire group to repalce them and it did not work. They finally decided recasting is a better way to go. Hopefully Rowlf will make it back the same way Scooter did. Also hopefully we'll see the EM REALLY returns.

unclematt

Reaction score
As far as the story line for the next Muppet Movie I have heard that they are not married and that it was just part of the movie. Can someone clarify that.

Recasting Muppets is a much better idea than retiring them. Ther are far too many potential losses when they retire characters.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I like a lot of the above ideas, but I really dread the Alice in Wonderland movie. Almost all the parts except Alice are short meaning the muppets would be relegated to cameos. While I'm not to keen on the retelling of a story at least wizard cast the muppets in somewhat leading roles. As much as I liked Christmas carol it was mostly new muppets. This would be my fear when it comes to Alice in Wonderland. I think the muppets should make a movie about making a comeback after being bought out by a big conglemerate owned by a mouse.