So you want to audition for the Muppets?

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Kynan Barker said:
Of course pre-recording is possible, it just means getting Disney to adjust their plans is all.
While you're at it, could you move the moon a little to the left? It keeps shining in my window.

:stick_out_tongue:

Kynan Barker

Reaction score
While you're at it, could you move the moon a little to the left? It keeps shining in my window.
And so we come to the central problem: THIS JOB IS TOO HARD!

"Disney's too big to fight."
"We're too small to make a difference."
"I'm too tired to care."

Guys, we know this is a huge thing to take on, but we went ahead and took it on anyway. Why? Because we care. The Muppets mean a huge amount to us, and we don't want to see them ruined by one stupid mistake. If that means we're naive, so be it. If that means we're in over our heads, okay. If that means we wind up fighting, a small group of us against the biggest media corporation in the history of the world, well, I've started doing my five push-ups a day.

But you know what disappoints me? The fact that other Muppet fans would make fun of us for even trying. So what if you don't believe in our cause? So what if you just want to do the Banana Sketch and you don't understand our crazy tire-eating ways? At least give us credit for believing in something and standing up for our belief.

What One Muppet, One Voice needs is more frogs and dogs and bears and chickens -- and whoever -- to stand up for what they believe in, too. We're prepared to take as much crap from Disney as we need to before our voices are heard. But our fight's with Disney, not with Muppet fans, who should be the first to applaud anyone for having a dream and chasing it.

www.SaveTheMuppets.com

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Kynan Barker said:
But you know what disappoints me? The fact that other Muppet fans would make fun of us for even trying.
I see your point of view.
But honestly you are trying to kill the pastry chef before he even makes the cake.

Let's taste the cake first and see if it is sour... then and only then if the product is truly sour will all Muppet fans complain, not before.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Kynan Barker said:
And so we come to the central problem: THIS JOB IS TOO HARD!

"Disney's too big to fight."
"We're too small to make a difference."
"I'm too tired to care."

Guys, we know this is a huge thing to take on, but we went ahead and took it on anyway. Why? Because we care. The Muppets mean a huge amount to us, and we don't want to see them ruined by one stupid mistake. If that means we're naive, so be it. If that means we're in over our heads, okay. If that means we wind up fighting, a small group of us against the biggest media corporation in the history of the world, well, I've started doing my five push-ups a day.

But you know what disappoints me? The fact that other Muppet fans would make fun of us for even trying. So what if you don't believe in our cause? So what if you just want to do the Banana Sketch and you don't understand our crazy tire-eating ways? At least give us credit for believing in something and standing up for our belief.

What One Muppet, One Voice needs is more frogs and dogs and bears and chickens -- and whoever -- to stand up for what they believe in, too. We're prepared to take as much crap from Disney as we need to before our voices are heard. But our fight's with Disney, not with Muppet fans, who should be the first to applaud anyone for having a dream and chasing it.

www.SaveTheMuppets.com
Dorthy: dude seriesly stop!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Everyone:

It is Kynan's right to share his opinion!! I support his decision to fight against this. He might have a different opinion than others of us who are going to the auditions, but that is his right. He is still a fellow Muppets fan, and so is still our friend!

Likewise, I would expect that, while disagreeing with our going, he would respect the decision of the auditioneers (is that even a word?) to go try this!

I've always appreciated MC for the fact that we can share opinions and ideas without belittling each other for it--so let's continue to discuss things rationally, please.

When it all boils down, we all love the same characters, the same performers, none more than the other, and we're all family here.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
When it all boils down, we all love the same characters, the same performers, none more than the other, and we're all family here.
Plus, if you can't make jokes on a Muppet forum, then THAT is truly sad.

:stick_out_tongue: <---- Not sticking his tongue out, just a picture of Ernie

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
:embarrassed: <----Sticking his tongue out behind his hat.

Yeah, I like to tease, so hopefully by now (what is it? 6 years now??) everybody knows what to take as serious from me, and what not to. I mean, if you don't learn someone in 6 years, you won't ever get to know them.

mummytomb

Reaction score
I think oodles of you forget the fact that :sleep: and :boo: have been voiced by several. Even (Dare I say) the original Miss Piggy (Lee) has had a voice change in the midst of The Muppet Show.
Jim was alive, well, and in charge. Those of you who are saying the Muppets can't change are limitting them.
Keeping them within expressive boundaries.

Pepe is a big star for the Muppets now because he's still an original spontanious character.
You should notice Steve W's desire to perform Rizzo. Check out the commentary on MFS. He's Kermit for the first five minutes. The rest of the movie is commentary from Rizzo and Gonzo. He just isn't as expressive with Kermit.

I guess what I'm getting at is this: I'm glad the audition is an Improv one. You will be seen (hopefully) improvising that character. This is the chance to Make the Muppets feel natural. Not to simply sound the same(again, hopefully).

In all that, I guess I helped arguements on both sides. The struggle continues...
"Grinch, Grinch, Grinch."

Luke

Reaction score
mummytomb said:
I think oodles of you forget the fact that :sleep: and :boo: have been voiced by several. Even (Dare I say) the original Miss Piggy (Lee) has had a voice change in the midst of The Muppet Show.
You are talking about the change of puppeteer of the actual main Muppet character, MHC are just auditioning in for stand-in's on a local level using replica puppets - it's a completely different thing.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Yeah I dont know about anyone else here but I'm kindda gettin offended by this Kynan kid. Telling us that One Voice stuff this and that and to the ones who wana audition, like me, he's practickly saying "dont audition", wich kinda gets me steamed
(steamed shrimp. oh pass that cocktail - statler and waldorf, IVMMCM) I'm NOT saying I hate tha kid but this "One Voice" stuff is just gettin to me and I know some ones gonna say "well dont read it", but ya really cant help it... its ALL OVER most of the threads! sorry to vent like this but its just getting.......... old. 1 hes HAS NO idea what Disney plans on doing and 2nd He (by the looks of his posts) is from the other side of the world, and i KNOW hes a muppets fan like us but he wont be seeing these "wana be" Muppets. and Fozz man, my buddy ol pal, I know EVERY one here is aloud to voice what they think, oh and GOOD luck to you and HOPE you get the "Main Part" (Fozzie Lion) - - Yes! lol that WAS a pun 4 you! hehe.