Some News

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
posted this at another site...thought you might like the news...

Yeah, I have been a Simpson's collector from the beginning but sort of in the closet, so it's nice to be here.

Yeah we made a judgement call on Teeth...but too limited. Truth is we did not even know how the stuff was going to sell, because the line got delayed over a QC issue, but the line was SUPPOSED to be out in time for us to gauge consumer response. The best laid plans......but so as to not beef the collector's we can't offer him again. Some paid a lot for him and that would be unfair to those guys. The plan from this time forward on the band repaints is that they will be released as a one per case chase figure variant...not an exclusive. Plenty to go around. Then, if you want it and the peeps at MC and elsewhere want it we will do a new Teeth to complete that "set". But the WW Teeth is gonna be that holy grail, unfortunately. Oh, and as of Series 3 we will be toning back on the exclusives a bit. Here in the beginning, because of the proximity of the shows...it is a lot.

It won't happen again. The "too limited" thing. With one exception. Already in the works was an Invisible Beaker as a give away at the industry party in Chicago. Similar to the Kermit one in Philly. Limited, but one that people will probably want and desire to kill us over. Before you tear me a new one...we have already started discussing including it in the game plan of making it more available along with the rest of the stuff. We'll keep you posted on that. Depends on overall response.

Later,
Ken

Drtooth

Reaction score
Uh.. Is that the regular Dr. Teeth or the special edition Dr. Teeth? I haven't got mine yet. I...... ran out of money. It's some sort of cruel irony!

MM-III

Reaction score
So wait... are you saying that VC beaker is now an industry only giveaway?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by MM-III
So wait... are you saying that VC beaker is now an industry only giveaway?

It was my impression that he was saying there will be an industry give-away of the beaker. Sort of a Variant of the variant.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Vanishing Cream Beaker-Half painted, fading Beaker in window bow with Vanishing Cream Tube

Invisible Beaker-NO paint, polybagged give-away at the industry party in the Chicago show.

gorry

Reaction score
does that mean there's only 1 invisible beaker?

radionate

Reaction score
Ken I'm confused.

The band is going to be packed on repaint to a case?

There's going to be an all invisible Beaker?

AHhhhhhhhhh why are you messing with my head on a Tuesday!!!

kane31666

Reaction score
no gorry, invisible beaker will be released like the Kermit in a lunchbox was, only at the industry party.

gorry

Reaction score
oh,but still i'll have to fire up the old ebay enigne to get it.:big_grin: