1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Some thoughts on Muppet Treasure Island

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Beauregard, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Beauregard Well-Known Member

True, Animal doesn't get anything going on in this movie...They're just there for the music, and never get involved in politics!
    muppetfan24/7 and Hayley B like this.
  2. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Suddenly I wonder if Fozzie would have worked well as Fred instead of Fezziwig. I know he was given that role because of the name similarity, but if Fezziwig had a different-sounding name, I think they could have had Fozzie play Fred (it'd give Fozzie a bigger role), and maybe Sam could have been Fezziwig instead of Scrooge's teacher (I think The Muppet Christmas Carol is the only version of the story to have such a prominient school scene).
  3. Hayley B Active Member

:o Actually I just caught that part just now. That made me smile and go whoops at the sametime. :laugh:
  4. JJandJanice Active Member

Yeah, but the Electric Mayhem didn't have much going for them in MCC either, but at least we got a Lips cameo in that one.
    muppetfan24/7 and minor muppetz like this.
  5. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I think it would have been hard to give The Electric Mayhem big parts in The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island. Are there any classic stories out there with roles that can easily be filled by The Electric Mayhem (I know, they were among the stars of Muppet Snow White, though they're a dwarf short.... But if Muppet Snow White was a movie they'd probably have more major characters as the Dwarfs and a human actress as Snow White)?
  6. Powerstars Active Member

Yeah, and Statler and Waldorf could share the role of Grumpy!
  7. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I don't think Robin has the personality. Imagine Robin in a fighting scene…
    The advantage of human cast is they can have any personality you want, but it doesn't work for Muppets.

Really? I really like his singing voice. It reminds me of my own singing voice.