Reaction score
If they're gonna keep the segments format

street scene
Ernie/Bert sketch
Global Grover
Letter of the Day with Cookie and Prairie
Elmo's World

they should introduce another segment called:

"Classics" where they show classic clips of various sorts.
Why not call the classics segment "Things That I Remember" and have Bert/Ernie introduce the old clips together? They've been on the show since Episode 1, and have been shown watching older material together in a couple of sketches.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That's why I say just because popular doesn't mean it equals quality.
You know, I completely agree with you about that. Regarding Blue and Dora. But I just love watching Joey Mazzarino work on the show. He's so hilarious! Hehe!:big_grin:

Why not call the classics segment "Things That I Remember" and have Bert/Ernie introduce the old clips together? They've been on the show since Episode 1, and have been shown watching older material together in a couple of sketches.
You know that funny thing is that have been there before episode one.

ISNorden

Reaction score
All the more reason to have Bert and Ernie introduce the classic stuff; they're probably the oldest characters that Sesame Workshop still owns, plus they're not one-note types like Cookie Monster. I could easily see the "Things that I Remember" segments going like this:

While an instrumental version of Jeff Moss' song plays, the camera eases in to a shot of Bert and Ernie's living room. The two of them are preparing to watch home videos together; Ernie starts reminiscing about some older segment they've seen. After a brief conversation, Bert (probably irritated by some joke or unrelated question) orders: "Just put in the tape, Ernie!" The camera cuts to Ernie's hand inserting the tape; Bert clicks the remote from offscreen, and the classic material plays.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know, I completely agree with you about that. Regarding Blue and Dora. But I just love watching Joey Mazzarino work on the show. He's so hilarious! Hehe!:big_grin:
Oh yeah I don't dislike either show, they're both very cute. And I like that Dora's about a girl. Just that they're cute and that's about it, heh.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, hehe! Ya see! I don't really like Dora's. It's just not a good show to me. And I don't think it's very if any good for preschoolers either. Just my opinion.:smirk: :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
What I've said about Dora, I'll repeat just once more... she speaks like an American Tourist in Mexico. Loud, and slow in both English and spanish... obnoxiously. Rosita is far superior, as she talks in actual Spanish tempo. Ever watch Spanish language TV? It's fast and furious.

With that said, how about this for a format

Steet Sgement Pt A
Letter of the day
Street Segment Pt B
Ernie and Bert
Street Segment Pt C
Global Grover
Number of the Day
Street Segment Pt D
Elmos World
Trash Gordon.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
[*]First off, in the next few years phase out Elmo's world and make it its own show (not very likely, but it really should be seperate)
I would agree with that, if the show still had it's old format. With the way the format is now, it doesn't matter as much that Elmo's World takes over the end of the show. But back when it was introduced I thought that it should have been a half-hour spinoff. And some countries do show Elmo's World as a seperate series.

ssetta

Reaction score
What I've said about Dora, I'll repeat just once more... she speaks like an American Tourist in Mexico. Loud, and slow in both English and spanish... obnoxiously. Rosita is far superior, as she talks in actual Spanish tempo. Ever watch Spanish language TV? It's fast and furious.

With that said, how about this for a format

Steet Sgement Pt A
Letter of the day
Street Segment Pt B
Ernie and Bert
Street Segment Pt C
Global Grover
Number of the Day
Street Segment Pt D
Elmos World
Trash Gordon.
I think that's a brilliant idea! Because that way, it sort of goes back to the old format. I still wish they had more of the various films/animations/muppet pieces like they used to have. I miss that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just want to see new animations by up and coming animators, and none of that crap like "Da letter y, y y the letter y" and anything that looks like it took 3 minutes and a budget of 2 bucks.