Something buggin me about Steve's Kermit...

WiGgY

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
One other thing I thought of: what if Richard asked Jerry or requested that Jerry take on Statler after he passed away? It could explain why Jerry took Statler on again. Plus, they may not have known at the time that Steve could do Statler as well as Kermit and Beaker.

-Kim
Well you can't really "what if" something like that. We can only assume that Jerry took on Statler because they needed a Statler and he decided to take on the role so soon after Richard passed away.

Anyway, if Jerry continues to do voice looping then it's best that Steve take over just because it's better to have the live performer there than it is to voice loop.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Well you can't really "what if" something like that. We can only assume that Jerry took on Statler because they needed a Statler and he decided to take on the role so soon after Richard passed away.

Anyway, if Jerry continues to do voice looping then it's best that Steve take over just because it's better to have the live performer there than it is to voice loop.
Personally I don't think any of us are in a position to decide what is best for the Muppet performers to do with their characters.

-Kim

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
Personally I don't think any of us are in a position to decide what is best for the Muppet performers to do with their characters.

-Kim
Amen!

The only thing that bothered me with Steve's performance of Kermit was, well, tKermit will always be Jim to me, but, the only thing that bothered me... that wasn't quite right yet was the walk. When Jim performed Kermit, he was always a little hunched over (except for when he sat down). When Steve performed Kermit, it seemed he had been to the "boneologist" and stood perfectly stragight. But, in IAVMMCM, Steve took on the hunched over walk a bit, so problem's solved.

Anyway, Steve's done a wonderful job performing Kermit, and he ios an excellent performer with all of his characters.

Miss_Beaker

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
I'm sorry, but I don't get why everybody has to be so nitpicky. I mean, we could just not have these characters at all.

-Kim
Hey, don't get me wrong - I'm not really criticising as such - it's just something I can't help noticing!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Warrick said:
I still cant get used to Steve's Ernie. I just dont like it. Its too 'Fun'.
This is good! I can finally get it off me chest that I still have a problem with Steve's Ernie. Somehow, he plays him more sarcastically. I mean, sometimes he's alright, but when he's talking to kids in "Ernie's show and Tell" you can tell he doesn't like to do it too much.

The only Problem I have with Gonzo? I don't like the new Puppet... he lacks emotion, and since he's so "perfected" he looks more sly no matter what he's supposed to be doing. it really bothered me on the bloopers where Rizzo can't say Pietre Dish.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm just weird, I guess. I like looking for that kind of thing...puppet sleeves and what-not's.

Bad cameraman story: I was performing Muley on Fox 13 news here in town and I TOLD the cameraman, "Don't get any part of me in the shot, just the puppet, and shoot him from here (I pointed to his belly button region) up, okay?"

"Don't worry, man," he says, "I got ya!"

And he did, too. From my knee-pads up to the top of Muley and the News Lady's heads. Ugh.
Back to the thread at hand, at MF I couldn't watch the action because I kept watching for foreheads in the jumbotrons!! LOL!!

Oh, the only thing that I find different about Steve and Jim's Kermit today is that nowadays Kermit's voice seems to crack sometimes.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I've noticed that a few times when Kermit was on "Hollywood Squares." It seems like when Steve is adlibbing a line he sort of sounds closer to his natural voice rather than Jim's Kermit. I hadn't noticed this in the movies or anything like that though.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Hey, one thing I don't remember seeing mentioned: the guy who took over Sweetums (I think it's John Henson) does a great job of Sweetums IMO! :smile:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I also have big issues with the new Gonzo puppet, And the Sweetums puppet.

I also dont like Sweetums voice, Its more like Rowlf or Dr Teeth. I can do a mean Sweetums.

see ya

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I'm just weird, I guess. I like looking for that kind of thing...puppet sleeves and what-not's.
There's nothing wrong with that. It's the treating it like a flaw in one puppeteer's performance compared to another's that I can't stand. Heck, I chuckle a little during the "Saying Goodbye" scene in MTM where Scooter is hugging Rowlf and Fozzie goodbye, and part of Richard's blue shirt sleeve is visible.

-Kim