Something That Agrevates Me (Need To Vent)

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Nobody ever bugs me. I actually get interesting comments. One thing's certain, the Muppets always evoke a reaction and that's a good thing.
Ive had a few interesting comments too. One of the reasons I like being a muppet fan and collector is that not everyone is one, so it is a little unusual. I am an unusal person though, lots of people think im weird.lol :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I don't know, but I'd agree most of that point. That and other people like evil forms of entertainment, Jamie Kennedy Xperiment, Jerry Springer, Jack***, Elimidate, stuff like that.
The Jamie Kennedy Xperiment show was on here in Australia for a while, I thought it was ok but I cant stand any of the other stupid shows and stuff lots of people like these days like Big Brother, and most of the reality tv shows.
Entertainers like Marilyn Manson etc (if you can call them entertainers) really are evil and it seems that lots of people especially teenagers love any entertainers related to death and dress like something out of a horror movie.

The muppets and all jim hensons creations Are the best things that cant even be compared to the rubbish thats around the place. :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Sir Didymus said:
. I Love the Fraggles and Muppets, and nothing will ever make me hate them!
Didymus
Same here! Like I said in an earlier post we are allowed to like what we like and we dont have to listen to idiots who think its strange. I think its pretty strange not to like the muppets and henson stuff.
Who cares what other people think really, I used to care but not anymore. The world would be such a boring place if people were only fans of the latest pop stars and tv shows. :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Well, I even got a speach about how I was too old for the Muppets from the lady working there. First she asked my Mom if she had a little girl at home she was buying them for, but, of course, they were for me. And I was standing right there, so she could let me have it! She said something about it not being "normal". All Ikept thinking was, "ok, I'll go out and buy a gun and threaten to blow up a school like "normal" kids." hehe! That was an interesting day. Sure is good for a decent laugh looking back on it.
Thats just downright rude! What a rude woman. I don't think they would even be that rude here, they don't care what you buy aslong as they are getting their money.

I always are nervous when buying things that are often associated with kids and stuff. I am a huge fan of musicals too so when I buy a CD I always think they are going to laugh or make a comment because its not the "normal" type of music people my age like. They never make any comments though, which is good. :smile:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Boober_Baby said:
So I say hold all of your Muppet stuff up with pride and scream "I AM ADULT! I LIKE MUPPETS! HEAR ME ROAR!" and then see what people have to say to you.
Hmmm...Generally, "You're a freak," but you get used to that after a while! :big_grin:
I've never been told off before, but BOY do I ever get funny looks sometimes!!!!! The people at Suncoast don't (generally, there is ONE lady there), treat me like I'm a freak, and that's where I end up getting most of my stuff, so it's all OK w/me! And when they DO look at you like you're a loser, just smile at them really big be extremely polite. At least then they won't have the pleasure of calling you rude.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Just kiddin'

Boober_Baby said:
So I say hold all of your Muppet stuff up with pride and scream "I AM ADULT! I LIKE MUPPETS! HEAR ME ROAR!" and then see what people have to say to you. If they're so wrapped up in what other people look like or what other people like, then that's just unfortunate for them.
Okay, I'm very angry with you now. I took your advice and was arrested by men in white coats. Do you know what it's like to attempt to spend $32 on Muppet figures at age 31 and spend 9 hours trying to convince authorities and psychologists that you're sane? I do. Oh, and claustrophobic people should NOT be contained in straight-jackets...especially when your nose itches and you try to scratch it, because then they treat you like you're having a seizure--I do NOT like being gagged by spoons when my nose is itching and I'm in a straight-jacket.

I want my mother.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, don't it just stink when they get you wrapped up in one of those things? And then they still give you weird looks, and laugh at you, when you try to get out of the darn thing! I mean, would it kill them to give me a little help with those dang straps? Those things really hurt the arms! I was sore for a week after that, but then they got me into the padded room and it was all better then. Everything was sunshine and lollipops in that brightly colored, padded room.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I say just go buy your stuff and if folks laugh or act like idiots, so be it.

I was buying my Palisades PVCs the other day, and these to jock boys, around 18-20 years old, weren't laughing (as you might think they would have been) but were asking where they were. I took them and showed them the whole Muppets display. I don't think they bought anything, but they had fun looking:

"Dude! Look! Grover!!"

Oy! :concern: