Song: Mountain of Love

Xerus

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Rock N Richard And Chrissy.
Oh okay. Thank you. So the lavender guy was just called Chrissy while there was Little Chirssy who was part of another band.

Also, I'm assuming that Rock N Richard was done by Richard Hunt?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Xerus, thought I'd help you since you helped me out with JHAS.
First off, the members of Little Jerry and the Monotones were named after the Muppeteer who performed them.
Little Jerry by Jerry Nelson, Big Jeffy by Jeffrey Moss, Chrissy by Christopher Cerf, and Rockin' Richard by Richard Hunt.
Secondly, gotta clear up the confusion over Chrissy from the Monotones and Chris who's the leader of the band "Chris and the Alphabeats".
Chrissy is the lavender AM from the Monotones, often referred to as Little Chrissy by others I would guess in a bit of a mental slip after introducing "Big" Jeffy.
Chris is a blue AM who has wild yellow hair, beady black eyes, and wears yellow round-rim glasses, yellow shirt, blue jeans, and brown polished shoes. He's the leader of Chris and the Alphabeats, who sang "Count It Higher". He often gets called Chrissy by others like in the Patty LaBelle alphabet song. However, his name is Chris and shouldn't be confused with Chrissy, nor as "Little Chrissy".
Hope this helps and have a good night.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hi Xerus, thought I'd help you since you helped me out with JHAS.
First off, the members of Little Jerry and the Monotones were named after the Muppeteer who performed them.
Little Jerry by Jerry Nelson, Big Jeffy by Jeffrey Moss, Chrissy by Christopher Cerf, and Rockin' Richard by Richard Hunt.
Secondly, gotta clear up the confusion over Chrissy from the Monotones and Chris who's the leader of the band "Chris and the Alphabeats".
Chrissy is the lavender AM from the Monotones, often referred to as Little Chrissy by others I would guess in a bit of a mental slip after introducing "Big" Jeffy.
Chris is a blue AM who has wild yellow hair, beady black eyes, and wears yellow round-rim glasses, yellow shirt, blue jeans, and brown polished shoes. He's the leader of Chris and the Alphabeats, who sang "Count It Higher". He often gets called Chrissy by others like in the Patty LaBelle alphabet song. However, his name is Chris and shouldn't be confused with Chrissy, nor as "Little Chrissy".
Hope this helps and have a good night.
Hey there, Count. :smile:

Thank you for clearing it all up for me. So the blue guy is actually named Chris, eh? Okay, I'll remember that. :smile:

Also, I've noticed that in some episodes, Big Jeffy has left the Monotones and joined the Alphabeats. But then he's back with the Monotones again.

Dantecat

Reaction score
When Big Jeffy Joined The Alphabeats,The Purple One With Brown Hair Just Left.But The Green One With Blonde Hair Was Still There.I Only Saw This In One Skit Where They Sang A Song Called:Go Baby Go.What Year Was This Skit?

Dantecat

Reaction score
Oh,Thanks Deanmo! I Always Thought It Was Just Made In The Late 1980's!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe Jeff Moss sang in the audio recording but the performer of the orange member was mistakenly used instead. I haven't seen this sketch, so I'm not really sure how the characters sounded.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I saw this skit once. It was remarkably done. Just imagine the steps or ramp or whatever it was that the Muppeteers must have had to have been scaling in order to make it look like the characters were ascending the mountain set.
And the song was beautiful too.