Songs that should have been covered on Sesame Street

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Good one! That's such a great song. Hmm, what would an O man do? Eat Oreos, and go outside?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another song that could have been covered is Eight Day Week. It could have been performed by Little Jerry and the Monotones, or perhaps some generic Anything Muppet rock band, and in the middle of the song, Kermit or Bert or soem other straight man character could have come out and pointed out to the singers that there are really only seven days in a week, causing the singers to change it to Seven Day Week.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Beatles songs that should have been done on SS(1969):

*All Together Now-sung by Gordon, Susan, Bob, Mr. Hooper, Big Bird, Ernie, Bert, Oscar and Kermit, along with AMs, Cookie, Fuzzyface(aka Grover), Beautiful Day Monster, Lefty, and Muppet monsters wearing different costumes(they might have to leave out one part of that song though)

*Come Together-by the Anything Muppets

*Strawberry Fields Forever-by the AMs and Bob

*I Get By With a Little Help from My Friends

*Penny Lane

I also remember having a dream once that involved all the SS characters(sans the humans) in animated form done by the same guys who did the "Yellow Submarine" film, accompanied by some sitar music(like in "Within You, Without You"). Wasn't for a particular scene on the show or anything else. Also amusing how they reffered to Cookie Monster as "Ookie"

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
I think Ob-bla-di Ob-la-da would have been a cute one to do (did I just use the word "cute"?) it would have anything muppets.

(wonders off pondering how "cute" got into his vocabulary)

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
As for a Queen song, We Will Rock You with changed lyrics sung by rocks (what else :rolleyes: )

Kiki

Reaction score
Heh, I think 'ABC' (by the Jackson 5) would be cool. :cool: And totally relevant for an educational show.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Here's one that could of been covered.

Bob Seger's Betty Lou's Getting Out Tonight.

wiley207

Reaction score
How about a song about the new-style crosswalk signals without words? They've put them up everywhere in New York City (I went there last month, and no I didn't do anything Muppet related :frown: ). They could have a song about "The Hand and the Man" or a lecture about them by one of the characters. Say, that gave me an idea for a fan-fic SS sketch!

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Here's a song with letters in it, "Y.M.C.A."!!
Couldn't you see 6 AM's in the Village People costumes? (Actually they could use Biff or Sully) I think that'd be a hoot!!
Or how about re-working an old Partridge Family tune, "I think I Love U"?
Just thought I'd mention these since they are two songs I've always enjoyed.