1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Songs the Electric Mayhem could perform

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Frogster, May 29, 2007.

1. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Yesterday I started thinking about some songs that, if Jim, Frank, Dave, Richard and Jerry were still together, they could use the Electric Mayhem to do some famous soungs... the one I thought would be awesome would be Ballroom Blitz. You guys?
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Rock the Boat
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    Spinning Wheel
    Video Killed the Radio Star
    Raindrops are Falling on my Head
    Beat It
    Dirty Little Secret
  3. minor muppetz

Uh, and don't forget about Steve.:) And the Electric Mayhem could still do some famous songs. Dr. Teeth, Animal, Floyd, and Janice have all had new performers in the past. And of course Disney has considered having alternate performers perform the Muppets in smaller productions.
  4. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

Fire - Hendrix
    Pinball Wizard - Who
    Bad Moon Rising - CCR
    People Are Strange - Doors
    Runaway - Del Shannon
    Fun, Fun, Fun - Beach Boys
    Good Vibrations - Beach Boys
    Mr. Soul - Buffalo Springfield
    Jailhouse Rock - Elvis
    Sunshine of Your Love - Cream
    Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
    Stuck in the Middle With You - Stealer's Wheel
    You Never Can Tell - Chuck Berry
    The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy) - Simon & Garfunkel
  5. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

A lotta stuff by Jon Nicholson(he's a pretty laid back kinda singer) I could see them doing a duet with him. Oh, and some cool old school rock songs. Maybe some John Mayer(He seems like a good sport)

Daniel
  6. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Personally, even though the Electric Mayhem's known as a rock group, they tend to play somewhat softer tunes. Ballroom Blitz would be the coolest, craziest thing that they could pull off; that's a song that gets me goin anyways, and to have Dr. Teeth and Floyd on vocals would be so friggin cool. Other songs I could see them doin are

Run Around- Blues Traveler
    American Pie- Don McLain (although I can see how all the Muppets could take part in that song)
    Ants Marching- Dave Matthews
    Too Much- Dave Matthews
    Safe In New York City- AC/DC
    We Didn't Start The Fire- Billy Joel (however, this could be another ensemble song)
    Zoot Suit Riot- Cherry Poppin Daddies
    Mr. Jones- Counting Crows
    Delicate- Damien Rice
    Cocaine Blues- Johnny Cash
    It Ain't Me, Babe (Janice and Floyd)- Johnny Cash
    Any Way You Want It- Journey
    Make Your Own Kind Of Music- Mamma Cass
    Real World- Matchbox Twenty
    Forever Young- Rod Stewart
    When It's Over- Sugar Ray

EM plays rock, but it's never too hard core; they don't do nursery rhymes, but they don't do Ozzie either. It's usually something somewhat smooth, but has a good rhythmic beat to it.
  7. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I dunno if they could DO Cocaine Blues by Johnny Cash, not saying that they couldn't, just saying that I think that is probably a little TOO mature for some audiences. Maybe Jackson by June and Johnny Cash. That would be a little better, I think.

Daniel
  8. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

Well, on Johnny's first stab at the song (on his 1960 album, Now There Was a Song!), Columbia Records insisted he say the word "transfusion" instead of "cocaine," so the title of the tune on the album is actually "Transfusion Blues." Admittedly, it does kinda lose its bite with the alternate word, and is nowhere near as fierce as Johnny would perform it under its original title on the At Folsom Prison album. But I guess under either title the song is still too mature.

"Jackson" would be a good choice, as would any selection from Johnny's 1966 album, Everybody Loves a Nut, which is made up entirely of novelty songs, including Shel Silverstein's "Boa Constrictor." This album also includes "Dirty Old Egg-Sucking Dog," which Johnny performed on TMS.
  9. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I think Last Man Standing by Bon Jovi would be cool. Or maybe Surrender. Hehe, I heard it on Guitar Hero II, I dont know who sings it. But the tempo and stuff seems EM-esk
  10. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I actually really like the idea of Mr. Jones. I had a similar idea a while back for a song that the rest of the group, sans Dr. Teeth, would sing a song called, of course, Dr. Teeth. It would sound like Mr. Jones, but with different lyrics. I started to write it, but scrapped the idea because the Electric Mayhem doesn't really do parodies.

I kinda wanna revisit the idea now that I think about it. I didn't know a Muppet Central existed back then, so I didn't really have anyone to share it with. That's probably why I didn't finish it.
  11. minor muppetz

Here are some more songs they could sing:
    Mrs. Robinson
    These Eyes are Crying
    I Love Rock 'N Roll
    Whenever I See That Smilling Face
    It's Now or Never
    When Will I See You Again?
    You're Beautiful
  12. Squonk

Squonk New Member

I agree, some of my favorite Electric Mayhem bits are softer tunes. Floyd's take on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"....Awesome

Anyway, with that in mind Floyd singing "Under the Bridge" popped into my head.
  13. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

It would be mighty interesting to hear Dr. Teeth's gravelly voice singing a song made popular by such a high-pitched... well, sissy boy.

(I assume you mean the James Blunt song... not that I know any other songs with that title, but I would assume that there were.)
  14. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

Cat's In The Cradle~Harry Chapin (I can definitely see Floyd singing it, kind of like While My Guitar Gently Weeps.)

Bathwater~No Doubt (Actually, any No Doubt song would be awesome, especially with Janice as the lead vocals! :flirt: )

Pretty Fly for a White Guy~The Offspring (XD)
  15. SgtGonzoPepper

SgtGonzoPepper New Member

This is a bit more modern, but I always thought that they would sound cool playing Dashboard, by Modest Mouse for some weird reason.
  16. Boppity

Boppity Member

I could see them doing a few Fraggle Rock songs, actually...That would be so cool! They could make an entire album, "Mayhem does Fraggles" XD

I also see them doing Kuchibiru Kara Romantica by AAA...It's Japanese, but the style is right.
    And then I could see Floyd doing Bittersweet by Apocalyptica. I don't know if the style's exactly right, but I thought of him the second I heard it.
  17. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

"Back In Time" by Huey Lewis And The News-sung by Dr. Teeth, Floyd, and Janice

"Lonesome Loser" by The Little River Band-sung by Zoot and the rest of the band

"Walk Of Life" by Dire Straits-sung by Floyd and Janice
  18. GSmiley2007

GSmiley2007 Member

"Without You" by Harry Nilsson - sung by Floyd

"How Am I Supposed to Live Without You" by Michael Bolton - also sung by Floyd, with Zoot on sax

"Endless Love" by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie - sung by Floyd and Janice

"7 1/2 Cents Doesn't Buy a Heck of a Lot" from "The Pajama Game" - sung by the entire group (with Dr. Teeth, Floyd, and Janice performing solos)

"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocius" from "Mary Poppins" - sung by Janice

"5:00 World" by The Vogues - sung by Janice

"Lovin' You" by Minnie Riperton - sung by Janice

"Maybelline" by Chuck Berry - sung by Dr. Teeth

"I Love L.A." by Randy Newman - sung by Floyd (and maybe Hoots the Owl from SS could sing this song, too)

"Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Bros. - sung by Floyd and Janice

"Think of Laura" by Christopher Cross - sung by Floyd

"Precious and Few" by Climax - sung by Floyd (with Animal constantly drumming loudly throughout this usually quiet song)

"Don't Give Up On Us" by David Soul - sung by Floyd to Janice
  19. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

I've got a few more to add on--

Wanted Dead or Alive~Bon Jovi (I was listening to it earlier and I pictured it with Floyd and Dr. Teeth on lead vocals and surprisingly, it fit well. O_O)

Hurricane~Bob Dylan

Crystal Ship~The Doors

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida~Iron Butterfly (Somebody can keep trying to cut it off because it's such a long song XP)
  20. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

As the World Falls Down -- sung by Janice and Floyd (I'd have it as a duet)

My Heart Will Go On -- I would like to see the EM band try to do this as a ballad, complain that it's too long/sappy, and change it to an upbeat rock song :D

I actually thought that Mr. Jones one was a good idea. Some of their covers border on parody.

It's All About the Pentiums and The Saga Begins by Weird Al