1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Songs the Electric Mayhem could perform

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Frogster, May 29, 2007.

1. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

I second that thought.

2. blackaerin

blackaerin Active Member

thirded!
    (am i the only one who keeps mixing the lyrics to American Pie with Weird Al's Star Wars parody? i don't even realize that i do it!)

3. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

LOL, I have a Radio Disney CD with the Weird Al song on it that I had been listening to since I was just a kid. (Can't quite think of an exact age, but quite young.) To my knowledge, I hadn't heard the original song until I was somewhere between the ages of 8 to 10 or 11. I think I'll add both of those songs to my iPod next time I update it. ;)

4. blackaerin

blackaerin Active Member

i'd like to see all the muppets to perform Come Sail Away~ by the Styx
    I think it'd be hilarious if a muppet like Pepe or Piggy was singing the first part.

5. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I fourth it. I love American Pie! Electric Mayhem would be perfect for it. Though they could also have it as a group song. It'd work either way.:flirt::cool:

6. I fifth it.

7. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

A psychedelic version of "Another Brick In The Wall" by Pink Floyd with all members of the band singing parts of the song.

"Psycho Killer" by the Talking Heads sung by Zoot. That song has Zoot's name written all over it.

8. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Well, if he was still alive, Scatman John and the Mayhem would have gotten along... Can you just picture Floyd and Scatman singing 'Scatman's World'?

9. blackaerin

blackaerin Active Member

oh that's a pretty image...
    that would've been an amazing collab, that song is very soothing
    and floyd would be awesome with his scatting.

I can picture the mayhem performing Tutti Frutti, with them each singing a verse or Pepe doing the singing it, lol

i think they can play some Ray charles, like Hit the Road Jack, or for Floyd singing Georgia on my Mind...

i'd like to see Janice and all the rest of the sorely underused Muppet Girls sing Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun.
    It'd be fun seeing Janice, Mildred, Helga, Wanda, Miss Mousey, Yolanda, and all the rest having their shining moment in song.

since i'm a disney nut, and old disney's got some of the best songs, I'd like to see them cover "Why Should I worry" from Oliver and Company, seems like a cool loose song where the Mayhem would have fun.
    and while i'm on Disney, i'd like to see Fozzie sing Bear Necessities. C'mon, it totally needs to be done.

and this is more of a joke moment, but i can imagine a small sketch with Zoot playing the Sorcerer's Apprentice on his sax and dancing with a dancing broom

10. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

I know it'll never happen, for obvious reasons, but I can sooooo picture Dr.Teeth singing "Willie the Pimp" by Frank Zappa. His whole get-up is pimpish to me, and Captain Beefheart's rough voice (I *think* CB did the vocals on that song...) reminds me of Teeth's. It would be awesome. x33

11. blackaerin

blackaerin Active Member

heh, I'd like to hear what the electric mayhem think about auto tuning
    love to see animal's reaction and playing around with it
    hehe, and Beaker becomes a star with autotuning.

12. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Oh my goodness! O.O <3 Thanks you, Ailie dear! <33 I love it! His voice is really nice, WHY doesn't he get any time in front of the micophone? D: *cry*

Rofl! That film made me cry on the inside. D: He could've at least gotten the song names right in the commemtary... xP

Lol! That would actually make a really good scenario. c:

Oh, and I found out just a few days back (gracias, Muppet Wiki) that there was a spoof band on Muppets Tonight! called Nine Inch Snails. This made me lawl a lot. Apparently one of the snails made an appearence on the Letters to Santa special, but I say the should have a proper comeback. "Closer" may not be an appropiate song choice, though... xD

13. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

I Believe in a thing called love....every time i hear it i think Muppets

14. beakerfan76

beakerfan76 Member

I could picture them doing Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen. It would be perfect if Bruce was a guest on TMS.

15. What's strange about Zoot singing is that his voice, according to Muppet Wiki, isn't provided by Dave Goelz there, but Kevin Clash. :cool:

Edit: I mean, in the JHH "Food" episode.

16. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

Xanadu by Olivia Newton-John and Electric Light Orchestra. Janice could sing while the rest of the band backs her up.

17. ElectricMayhem1

ElectricMayhem1 Active Member

i can't see it! :(

18. ElectricMayhem1

ElectricMayhem1 Active Member

White Rabbit~ Jefferson Airplane (I just imagine Janice singing it)

19. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

No song particularly comes to mind at the moment, but I remember a couple months back there was one day where I would play songs in my head, but I'd play them with the voices of the Electric Mayhem singing. Good times.

Speed Tracer likes this.
  20. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

This thread is wonderful and makes me continue my ever-long dream of someday hearing a full-length Electric Mayhem album.

They should do "Satisfaction."

DramaQueenMokey likes this.