1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Songs the Electric Mayhem could perform

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Frogster, May 29, 2007.

1. beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

A rock version of Rainbow Connection with Kermit singing during the verses, then Floyd, Dr. Teeth, or Janice during the chorus.:sing:
  2. beatnikchick300 Active Member

I'd really be interested in seeing them do "La Vie Boheme" from the musical Rent, but some people might think it's too risque for the Muppets (if you don't know the lyrics, google them and you'll see what I mean).
  3. Whatnot1988 Member

I am not sure why, but I have always pictured the Mayhem Singing Elton John's "Your Song" with Floyd on vocals. While I do realize that Elton himself appeared on TMS (with the Mayhem backing him), that doesn't mean the Electric Mayhem can't cover one of his songs, right?
  4. blackaerin Active Member

I'd love to hear the Electric Mayhem cover "Everybody Wants to Be a Cat" from Disney's Aristocats with Lips wailing on his trumpet and Dr. Teeth, Floyd, and Janice rocking the vocals.
  5. Blue Weirdo Member

I heard Hotel California on the radio the other day and my mind almost immediately started picturing Electric Mayhem performing it. Although the more I think of it the more I think this is one that maybe the whole Muppet Cast should do ala Bohemian Rhapsody.

And for that matter Electic Mayhem or all the Muppets need to do American Pie. (No not the stupid low brow excuse for comedy movie, the classic song)

some others:

Your Mamma Don't Dance -Loggins & Messina
    Teach Your Children Well -Crosby Stills and Nash
    House of the Rising Sun -?(most famous version is By The Animals but it dates back further)
  6. Gelfling Girl Active Member

I second that thought.
  7. blackaerin Active Member

thirded!
    (am i the only one who keeps mixing the lyrics to American Pie with Weird Al's Star Wars parody? i don't even realize that i do it!)
  8. Gelfling Girl Active Member

LOL, I have a Radio Disney CD with the Weird Al song on it that I had been listening to since I was just a kid. (Can't quite think of an exact age, but quite young.) To my knowledge, I hadn't heard the original song until I was somewhere between the ages of 8 to 10 or 11. I think I'll add both of those songs to my iPod next time I update it. ;)
  9. blackaerin Active Member

i'd like to see all the muppets to perform Come Sail Away~ by the Styx
    I think it'd be hilarious if a muppet like Pepe or Piggy was singing the first part.
  10. beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I fourth it. I love American Pie! Electric Mayhem would be perfect for it. Though they could also have it as a group song. It'd work either way.:flirt::cool:
  11. I fifth it.
  12. ryhoyarbie Active Member

A psychedelic version of "Another Brick In The Wall" by Pink Floyd with all members of the band singing parts of the song.

"Psycho Killer" by the Talking Heads sung by Zoot. That song has Zoot's name written all over it.
  13. LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Well, if he was still alive, Scatman John and the Mayhem would have gotten along... Can you just picture Floyd and Scatman singing 'Scatman's World'?
  14. blackaerin Active Member

oh that's a pretty image...
    that would've been an amazing collab, that song is very soothing
    and floyd would be awesome with his scatting.

I can picture the mayhem performing Tutti Frutti, with them each singing a verse or Pepe doing the singing it, lol

i think they can play some Ray charles, like Hit the Road Jack, or for Floyd singing Georgia on my Mind...

i'd like to see Janice and all the rest of the sorely underused Muppet Girls sing Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun.
    It'd be fun seeing Janice, Mildred, Helga, Wanda, Miss Mousey, Yolanda, and all the rest having their shining moment in song.

since i'm a disney nut, and old disney's got some of the best songs, I'd like to see them cover "Why Should I worry" from Oliver and Company, seems like a cool loose song where the Mayhem would have fun.
    and while i'm on Disney, i'd like to see Fozzie sing Bear Necessities. C'mon, it totally needs to be done.

and this is more of a joke moment, but i can imagine a small sketch with Zoot playing the Sorcerer's Apprentice on his sax and dancing with a dancing broom
  15. Kiki Active Member

I know it'll never happen, for obvious reasons, but I can sooooo picture Dr.Teeth singing "Willie the Pimp" by Frank Zappa. His whole get-up is pimpish to me, and Captain Beefheart's rough voice (I *think* CB did the vocals on that song...) reminds me of Teeth's. It would be awesome. x33
  16. WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

Would love to see a cover of Light My Fire, The Crystal Ship or The End (might be too depressing) by The Doors...wif lead vocals by Zoot. I heard him sing on JHH and hish voice was smexy like Jim Morrison's with the softness and all. *mumbles Zoot should sing moar often* :confused: <3
  17. Kiki Active Member

^I second that. :D I'm so surprised that the Muppets haven't even performed 'Light My Fire', it's such a classic!
  18. blackaerin Active Member

Zoot singing? :flirt:
    link plz? oh plz oh plz oh pretty plz?

and i third the notion!
  19. WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

Doors plus anything equals win, Kiki! X3 Except Oliver Stone. XPP

!

Song starts at 2:54 and Zoot comes in at like 3:16/17-ish. X33 *SQUEE*
  20. blackaerin Active Member

heh, I'd like to hear what the electric mayhem think about auto tuning
    love to see animal's reaction and playing around with it
    hehe, and Beaker becomes a star with autotuning.