Spammers at MC...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score

muppetperson

Reaction score
Spaming is becoming a common thing now. We need a live moderator for the wee hours. I offered to do it but Phillip hasn't got back to me.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What we need is...

1 This thread to be kept for reporting spambots, only one out of four spambots' messages/threads was reported, the rest I had to hunt down making my usual rounds through the list of links displaying the current top threads in each section.
2 An administration that actually does something to get rid of the glut of spambots who are allowed to remain as legitimate members like all these jerks whose user names end in "alex" or "juriya" or "kind" or "toro" or "zoro". Can't go a day without finding at least one of each of these. Heck, the latest newest member registered is some ojitoro or something like that.
3 An administration that also grants its staff members or moderators the function to be able to automatically any member at any moment, not just limited to the first month of membership, not just limited to have to wait for a spambot or member to post a single spammish post to then be able to delete/ban the member.
4 An administration that blocks any member registering from either the nation of India or Pakistan, the two countries most prevalently listed with all those spambots mentioned above.
5 A system that actually recognizes IP addresses so that if a member has already been deleted/banned returns with a duplicate account, it doesn't just generate a "Multiple Accounts" thread, but the system actually automatically bans that duplicate jerk as well.

As mentioned above, this thread should be kept for spam post or thread reports, all your reports help keep MC safe.