Spammers at MC...

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
They still write test or w/e, but they are filling out more boxes, and answering things other than Sam & Friends

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got back and rid the site of a ton of these, including SonicexU. Spammers are still as stupid as ever, though there are some that get past the security measures at MC. Rully hope Phil adopts the recommendations I made in another thread.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do spammers anything? Because they simply can. Shameful, but there you are. Hope this helps.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound stupid but...WHATS A SPAMMER?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Here's a brief explanation that Ed gave awhile ago back in this thread Reevz.

Well... There are different examples of what'd be considered as spam.
Usually, it's a thread advertising the sale of products that have nothing to do with the ambiance of the thread. Say for example, someone posts a thread titled "Blackberry Telephones for Sale, Cheap!" in the B/S/T section. That has nothing to do with the Muppets or any of their productions, so it gets reported as spam.

Other times, it's some person who's logged on and registered as a new member who posts super short messages or messages that border on the lude crude and rude side of the spectrum. Those posts are spotted from time to time and get reported as well.

Check the FAQ if you have any further queries and I hope this helped explain things a little.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Cheers Bill - that's put an end to my theory that it's people who enjoy canned ham.

unclematt

Reaction score
Very good Reevz. That is also a Spammer, just another kind.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Today I have counted at least 4 unbanned spammers. Hope a mod gets them before they make posts.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Could you please identify which members you believe to be spammers? That would help in finding if they've been banned now or not. Thanks. :search: