Speaking of muppet babies....

beaker

Reaction score
The following I suspect will not be made by Palisades by any stretch of the imagination: muppet babies, sesame, wubbulous world, big bag, animal jam, hoobs, mopatops, etc.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
One of those items on your list has been in serious discussions...

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
One of those items on your list has been in serious discussions...
man, that's just cruel...

radionate

Reaction score
It's Sesame Street. I'd bet anything. They were on Ken's list of figures he'd like to produce. Although I would love a Wub. World of Dr. Suess line. Makes me drool just thinking about it.

Please dear God tell me it isn't the Muppet Babies though.

towels

Reaction score
Actually Muppet Babies makes the most sense to me. Given the pre-existing relationship with Henson, that's the only major one that would be easy to get the deal done on. Sesame characters would have go through what used to be CTW, Wubbulous would have to be approved by the Geisel estate, etc.

Maybe they'd be more of the MTM babies instead of the cartoon babies...although retail would probably be better for the cartoon versions...

radionate

Reaction score
Just because S.S. is no longer under the thumb of JHC doesn't mean Palisades couldn't be talking to S.Workshop about a series of figures.

I think a line of Muppet Babies figures based on the TV would be a huge mistake from Palisades. I'd bet money its S.S. Unless they are going after Mopatop or the Hoobs for distribution oversees, but I doubt it.

towels

Reaction score
I'd be concerned about either MB or SS.
While I would love to have a Palisades line of Sesame figures (and I think there was a wish list forum going for a while), part of what has been so great about the Muppet Show line is the accessories. I would worry about these having to be cut out of the Sesame line because even if it was targetted to College+ age, some parents would buy it for their toddlers who would then choke on Ernie's Rubber Duckie...

radionate

Reaction score
Ken says they are in serious discussions on one of these so lets break this down:

muppet babies - Has a fan base, but not much. Henson fans are divided into two camps, those that love it and those that don't. I'd give it a 25% chance of being a series.

sesame - Coming up on another anniversary. Very popular with nostalgic adults that grew up with the show. Classic characters no longer on the show might be a selling point. Ken has said he wanted to do the line. Ding Ding Ding. I think we have a winner.

wubbulous world - No new epsiodes are being done, so why would figures come out now. All the liscensing for the show was years ago. Some great plush did surface though.

big bag - Doubtful

animal jam - Doubtful.

hoobs - Not on in the US is it? So very unlikely

mopatops - Not on in the US is it? So once again very unlikely