1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Speaking of muppet babies....

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Satcapricorn, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Satcapricorn New Member

Do you think palisades could release a line of muppet babies figures?
  2. beaker Well-Known Member

The following I suspect will not be made by Palisades by any stretch of the imagination: muppet babies, sesame, wubbulous world, big bag, animal jam, hoobs, mopatops, etc.
  3. ResidentLilly Active Member

One of those items on your list has been in serious discussions...
  4. grail New Member

man, that's just cruel...
  5. radionate New Member

It's Sesame Street. I'd bet anything. They were on Ken's list of figures he'd like to produce. Although I would love a Wub. World of Dr. Suess line. Makes me drool just thinking about it.

Please dear God tell me it isn't the Muppet Babies though.
  6. towels New Member

Actually Muppet Babies makes the most sense to me. Given the pre-existing relationship with Henson, that's the only major one that would be easy to get the deal done on. Sesame characters would have go through what used to be CTW, Wubbulous would have to be approved by the Geisel estate, etc.

Maybe they'd be more of the MTM babies instead of the cartoon babies...although retail would probably be better for the cartoon versions...
  7. radionate New Member

Just because S.S. is no longer under the thumb of JHC doesn't mean Palisades couldn't be talking to S.Workshop about a series of figures.

I think a line of Muppet Babies figures based on the TV would be a huge mistake from Palisades. I'd bet money its S.S. Unless they are going after Mopatop or the Hoobs for distribution oversees, but I doubt it.
  8. Don't you mean "Elmo Street"?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  9. towels New Member

I'd be concerned about either MB or SS.
    While I would love to have a Palisades line of Sesame figures (and I think there was a wish list forum going for a while), part of what has been so great about the Muppet Show line is the accessories. I would worry about these having to be cut out of the Sesame line because even if it was targetted to College+ age, some parents would buy it for their toddlers who would then choke on Ernie's Rubber Duckie...
  10. radionate New Member

Ken says they are in serious discussions on one of these so lets break this down:

muppet babies - Has a fan base, but not much. Henson fans are divided into two camps, those that love it and those that don't. I'd give it a 25% chance of being a series.

sesame - Coming up on another anniversary. Very popular with nostalgic adults that grew up with the show. Classic characters no longer on the show might be a selling point. Ken has said he wanted to do the line. Ding Ding Ding. I think we have a winner.

wubbulous world - No new epsiodes are being done, so why would figures come out now. All the liscensing for the show was years ago. Some great plush did surface though.

big bag - Doubtful

animal jam - Doubtful.

hoobs - Not on in the US is it? So very unlikely

mopatops - Not on in the US is it? So once again very unlikely
  11. Satcapricorn New Member

but i wuv the muppet babies :(
  12. GWGumby New Member

I think Muppet Babies has a chance provided it is done within the context of Muppet Takes Manhattan rather than the cartoon version.
  13. kansasteen14 New Member

I like Muppet babies(please dont kill me) and would love a line.I do agree Muppets take manhatten version would be better though.I also think it would do well as you wouldnt belive how many kids still love it.
  14. Bean Bunny New Member

Bad news about Sesame Street figures at Palisades, Mattel holds all the rights. Conclustion: It's Muppet Babies. Baby Beaker here I come.
  15. Luke Active Member

Actually Hoobs PVC's wouldn't suprise me - there's a massive Hoobs merchandising thing going on over here and they are doing more internationally so wouldn't suprise me if Palisades were smart enough to pick that up for the lil'kids.

I think it's probably Sesame though - maybe the rights are coming up for renewal or something.

Not Muppet Babies - they would be a failure and the cartoon hasn't been on in years !
  16. Satcapricorn New Member

17. Satcapricorn New Member

People still want em though..they are flying like hot cakes on ebay...
  18. grail New Member

i suppose it possible that with Mattel taking all those licenses from Hasbro (Batman/Superman, Looney Tunes, etc) they had to sell off some of the other ones they were holding...or maybe Mattel doesn't hold ACTION-FIGURE rights...have you noticed recently that multiple companies are coming up with the rights to things (like Sideshow and the Muppet busts, etc.)
  19. Luke Active Member

The licenses are sold for certain types of products to many differnet companies. So the Muppet busts are a totally different license to the figures. The companies either just buy each license or bid if it's a popular brand.
  20. Lorde Pompeo New Member

I don't remember much about Muppet Babies (although I had a book called "Kermit, the Little Hermit")...

So I want to ask some things...

What would be the actual difference between for instance "Baby Kermit from Piggy's Fantasy" and "Baby Kermit from Muppet Babies"? The texture? What?

The Baby Muppets from Piggy's Fantasy were Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter and Rowlf... In Muppet Family Christmas however a Baby Animal appears in the old video... If Palisades chooses to to do a line with the Baby Muppets that were once a puppet (not only a cartoon) these would have to be the only ones available, right?

Have there been any appearences of other Baby Muppets in a puppet form?

How many more Baby Muppets had a cartoon version?

Thank you!