1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Speaking of muppet babies....

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Satcapricorn, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Luke

Luke Active Member

They had real puppet Baby Muppets in Muppets Take Manhatten i think, the others have been animation. It was a flashback scene that led to the cartoon.
  2. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

there is a book in which all the mianmuppet babies wear made in to a puppet fourm but in "display like"yes there was skeeter but no bunsen or beaker, there was a baby rat in each photo so i consider that baby rizzo.

what about the animal show?....yeah, i'm kidding!

fraggle rock would be my first choice of another muppet like line

Zack)Rowlf the, it's big bag, Palisades is making big bag figs...Dog.
  3. radionate

radionate New Member

I don't believe that Mattel holds an exclusive contract. They have huge deal, but not exclusive.
  4. Walterfego

Walterfego New Member

My wife and I really like the Muppet Babies scene in MTM, not the animated series, but the actual puppets.

Personally, if they were to be done I would like them to be in a playset format. With the playroom from the MTM scene, and maybe 3-4 small figures instead of 1 regular size. Kind of like how they do the special Simpsons sets with multiple figures. I do however think there are plenty of other playsets that should be made first though. But if it's going to be done, this is what I'd like to see.
  5. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

Animated Muppet Babies List:
    Kermit
    Piggy
    Gonzo
    Fozzie
    Rowlf
    Scooter & Skeeter
    Animal
    Beaker and Bunson
    Janice
    Bean Bunny ( I want a Bean figure)
    Robin

Of Cource, we need a Nanny figure.:D
  6. radionate

radionate New Member

I think Luke touched on a nerve that if Muppet Babies were to be produced, it would be through MTM. I know Ken has stated he would like to do some stuff from movies and cannot, but maybe movie deals might be coming along later on. I still say it's S.S. though. But I can guarentee Palisades would never make an animated M.B. line. If they did I would lose a lot of respect for them. :D
  7. towels

towels New Member

A lot of the other questions were answered, but yes, I would consider the Muppet Family Christmas appearance the same group as the ones in Muppets Take Manhattan. (This is one of the oft-edited appearances in later releases of MFC)
    These I would expect to be produced with the same "felt" texture as the current figures.
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

well folks...it looks like Ken through out some bait and you all ran to it...so what is it going to be, this 'in negtoiations thng'?

>>>Bad news about Sesame Street figures at Palisades, Mattel holds all the rights. Conclustion: It's Muppet Babies. Baby Beaker here I come<<<

not so fast kiddo.

MY conclusion? Look to the land of the rising sun...

Do I know more than I know? Heres another one of my cryptic hikus...

birds of a feather
    look quite silly in block form
    classic is the key
  9. radionate

radionate New Member

S.S. Kubricks. BlueFrackle posted some pictures of them somewhere. They are kinda cool. I loved the Little Bird one.
  10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>S.S. Kubricks. BlueFrackle posted some pictures of them somewhere. They are kinda cool. I loved the Little Bird one<<<

yeah, those kubricks do look kind of nifty. PErsonally sometiems they can be so lame...like the WOS block line, oh man! But the jp kubrick stuff looks good. And yeah, that Little Bird look slike an actual figure.
  11. radionate

radionate New Member

I want the Nightmare Before Christmas and other little seen Disney characters Kubrics!
  12. Walterfego

Walterfego New Member

My wife is a huge NBC collector. We saw the NBC three piece set at Wizard World Chicago this year and they were very nice looking. But the guy wanted like $25-$30 or something crazy like that. It was too much for her to justify on three tiny figures.
  13. grail

grail New Member

just to carry on the Nightmare Before Christmas bit a little more...

this fall, Disney and Squaresoft are releasing a game called Kingdom Hearts. Jack is one of the characters (i believe he's playable), and Oogie Boogie is one of the bosses. now i don't know about Oogie, but i'm pretty sure they're doing a Jack figure as part of the game's hype.
  14. kansasteen14

kansasteen14 New Member

actually Boogie is a villan,the bosses help and it's true that they are ,making a jack figure as well as coming out with re-release of the old figres this year.and if you go to Disneyland between Oct.3 and Jan. 6 you can visit the Haunted Mansion Holiday featuring the stars of NBC
  15. grail

grail New Member

yeah...um...what he said
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>this fall, Disney and Squaresoft are releasing a game called Kingdom Hearts. Jack is one of the characters (i believe he's playable), and Oogie Boogie is one of the bosses. now i don't know about Oogie, but i'm pretty sure they're doing a Jack figure as part of the game's hype<<<

Now I know Ive said my share of anti Disney rhetoric(mostly about some of their policies, cheapquels, and garbage like Country Bears) BUT! In an unpresdented game, for the first time ever a crossover is happening...one that youd get called for smoking crack if you had even suggested it...brings together
    characters from Disney, Final Fantasy, and Nightmare Before Xmas. Kingdom Hearts, has been one of the most anticipated games for awhile...and I dont care how anti Diz youa re...those Japanese import figures of old school 1920's Mickey, Goofy, and the Kingdom Hearts characters rock the casba!

Man, who would have thought...Diz, Square, and TNBC all in one game? too much!
  17. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

Yes, Jack getting a new figure in the "Kingdom Hearts" Line.
    P.S. You can summon Dumbo, Bambi, and Simba. IGN.com and videogamespot has a english preview of the game. It comes out in October in the US.

Anyway back to the Babies, Muppet Babies still appear on baby products such as baby powder. With the upcoming Looney Tunes Babies on Cartoon Network, Henson will proably try to get Muppet Babies back on the air.

I don't have problem with Babies, Ken said that with the Muppet Show 25th coming to a close next year, the company will probably retitle the Muppet line as Jim Henson's Muppets are something. With a big vault of characters to choose from, Muppet Babies could work as a playset with two charaters.
  18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Ken said that with the Muppet Show 25th coming to a close next year, the company will probably retitle the Muppet line as Jim Henson's Muppets are something. With a big vault of characters to choose from, Muppet Babies could work as a playset with two charaters<<<

Only thing is Muppet Babies, like creature shop stuff, Farscape etc is a wayyy seperate continuity property. Also, I think changing the Muppet line to just 'Muppets'(from tms line) next year will be great. Also, if those minis get made(lets all hope!) that too will probably have to encompass a general Muppets thing if its too include Pepe, Clifford, etc.