SST Songs that drive you crazy

Katzi428

Reaction score
The "topic song" that Elmo sings to the tune of "Jingle Bells", at the end of every EW installment. (I've parodied the lyrics as "Same old word, same old word, same old same old word..." or "Topic here, topic here, insert topic here..." whenever I hear that song on TV.)
LOLOL ISNorden!:big_grin: Yeah....I'm with you there! Kids are going to get confused when they learn "Jingle Bells".I can just
picture it now:
Little kid:"Hey! That's not how Elmo sings it!"

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That's not how The Joker sings it either! XD

ISNorden

Reaction score
LOLOL ISNorden!:big_grin: Yeah....I'm with you there! Kids are going to get confused when they learn "Jingle Bells".I can just
picture it now:
Exactly. That gag might have been funny when the holidays rolled around in Season 30, but by now it's become just plain annoying. They made one exception when Elmo talked about farms (using the "Old McDonald" tune instead), so why can't they use another familiar kids' tune when one exists to match the topic? I mean, the little red guy has sung a lot of different songs on the main show...

Erine81981

Reaction score
picture it now:
That or
Little Kid: That's not Jingle Bells. That's "Elmo's World" song. With my necies they already know the differnt and only becasue they don't watch that much Elmo's World.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah, the old "fill in the blank" song, eh?

Personally, the problem with that one is that it started out as a smaller, running gag. Sort of like the random questions about cakes wearing hats and riding bikes... problem is they let that gag fly too long, it got stale, and now it's part of the "structure" that kids come to expect. They can't get rid of it if they wanted to.

Of course, I work that into the fact that Elmo's (as Tweety Bird puts it) only twee an' a haff years ode. If you ever notice little kids, they all do random stupid stuff like that. Especially when they sing (or shout in some cases).