SST to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award at 2009 Daytime Emmies

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I have to say the show truly needs like their own fun segment during the Emmy's this year. Just to show off the history of the show and the characters that we love know. :insatiable:

Drtooth

Reaction score
By the way, loving the Marty Robeson and Chris nominations! Merty most then deserve one! Also love Abby pitted up against Elmo! Looks like there gigin Elmo a run for his money, eh'? :big_grin:
Wow. That Chris really came a long way in just 2 seasons. To be nominated that quickly is amazing. Right up there with the performers too.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow. That Chris really came a long way in just 2 seasons. To be nominated that quickly is amazing. Right up there with the performers too.
Yeah! And I'm a little suprised about Leslie Carrara-Rudolph's nomination as well, but she is a really excellent performer! IN was way she remind me a lot of the older days from some reason. I may sound crazy saying this, but she really seems to understand what this show is supposed to be, She has the style of Jim and the preforming sensibility's of a Frank. It's almost like she's really studied this show or something. I feel much the same way about Chris. they really as such a feeling of what this show is and is supposed to be... they get it!

And I really feel like this show that has lost itself over the years is really starting to find it again. I thin people like Joey and Marty are really making that happened. Also think the current executive producer really understand this show more then current one because she has been with the show for so long. But while other show take the cheap approach for profit, Sesame doesn't take any shorts for quality.

That's the reason they have so many nominations and why they win at least seven out of fourteen every year.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And I really feel like this show that has lost itself over the years is really starting to find it again. I thin people like Joey and Marty are really making that happened. Also think the current executive producer really understand this show more then current one because she has been with the show for so long. But while other show take the cheap approach for profit, Sesame doesn't take any shorts for quality.
Sesame Street has been through so many things over its long 40 year history... maybe even 41 or 42 year history, if you count the preproduction years... and I think the show has been struggling on and off since the 90's, due in part to people leaving or passing on, and the horrible state that kid's shows were in the 90's (we don't need examples, we all know them).... and I feel every so often, the show loses and finds itself over and over. I still feel the show is the best preschool kid's show around, and it keeps true to its experimental nature it had since inception. And it deserves all the awards it gets and more. No other show in history accomplished what SS has... and I'm not talking about just the show itself... it did so much for the world.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Sesame Street has been through so many things over its long 40 year history... maybe even 41 or 42 year history, if you count the preproduction years... and I think the show has been struggling on and off since the 90's, due in part to people leaving or passing on, and the horrible state that kid's shows were in the 90's (we don't need examples, we all know them).... and I feel every so often, the show loses and finds itself over and over. I still feel the show is the best preschool kid's show around, and it keeps true to its experimental nature it had since inception. And it deserves all the awards it gets and more. No other show in history accomplished what SS has... and I'm not talking about just the show itself... it did so much for the world.
I'm in agreement with everything you said here. I just feel like now is really one of thoes times where it's finding itself again. There on the right track!