1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

SST's YouTube Channel Hacked

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by D'Snowth, Oct 16, 2011.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You know, I recently was wondering what would happen if SST's YT channel (of all channels) ended up getting hacked, what with YT ALWAYS drawing in hacking activities, and it looks like it's finally happened, as someone's posting some pretty raunchy videos on SST's channel, claiming it's brand new content for children's education, when it's clearly not...
  2. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

yea just saw that, noticed they got hacked...bit of warning its extreme graphic content so i suggest we avoid them for a few days
  3. Gerbert

Gerbert Member

My friends are saying "Haha so funny xD!" and "It's just a prank, calm down." Ugh. I really need new friends e.e
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I do hope the jerk set the videos to private instead of just removing them...
  5. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

how awful are these people who did this they did it so much its caused sesame's channel to be terminated really cruel
    Duke Remington likes this.
  6. Frogpuppeteer

well at this moment i have to agree with your friends...no need to get all up in arms about it its just some guy who thinks he is being funny...he even tagged his name on the videos...the videos will be taken down and the channel will be given a new password and better security...and this will all be forgotten

the worse thing we as fans could do is blow up and make a big deal about it because then the guy knows he got to us....im not saying its ok but lets not give whoever it was the satisfaction of knowing he made us extreme upset
  7. D'Snowth

I do hope you're refering to the actual SST videos, and not his little stag vids.
  8. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

i think the guy that hacked it removed all of the sesame street vids before the channel was taken down which did make me sad
  9. Oscarfan

...swell.
  10. Walter

Walter Active Member

-sigh- What is with hackers? All they do is annoy others..What are they trying to prove? That they can be annoying:grr:
  11. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

they do thinking there funny thats the only reason usually its not funny
  12. D'Snowth

If you can believe it, some people out there actually get PAID to do this... cyber career criminals.
  13. Frogpuppeteer

Most dont care if they are funny or not they do it to get a rise out of people, they never no back and check the outcome...if this makes world wide news and people start freaking out about then they will know what the did worked and call us all dumb
    this too sometimes a higher power who hates that target pays a hacker to do it wipe them off the internet
  14. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

I found out about this as well.

It's very upsetting indeed. A depressing day for the longest street in the world. :(

How dare those hackers try to make poor, innocent Sesame Street look bad! :grouchy:
  15. Oscarfan

If they make a new account, it's gonna really be hard to replicate what they lost. A lot of their vids from recent years won't get as much views due to publicity.
  16. Frogpuppeteer

ok well im taking my leave of this thread...and while i cant make anyone do anything i suggest we all just drop this and it will disappear into obscurity and into the depths of this forum maybe even be locked, what happened happened we cant change it we can just forget about it...if we keep talking about it it wont go away and the hacker won by letting it get to us
  17. Oscarfan

Well, the videos are back, you can't access the actual channel page though. However, the same thing happened when they first started the channel, so it may come back soon.
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Seriously? What kind of loser has so much free time on their hands that they have to do a "everything from teh childhood is GAAAYYY" immature stunt like that?

I hope that stuff gets them listed as sex offenders. It's the only way hackturds ever learn.
  19. Oh that really makes mad. And I thought it was Lionsgate that just got the official Sesame Street Youtube channel suspended.:mad::eek::boo:
  20. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Hopefully Sesame Workshop will start a new YouTube channel. There have been many YouTubers whose accounts were suspended but were apparently able to start new channels regardless (and even if a person couldn't start another channel after getting suspended, I'm sure they could just get another Sesame Workshop employee to start the channel). There were a number of clips on the Sesame Street YouTube account that aren't on sesamestreet.org (yet), like the one where David tried to make Gordon a milkshake the way Mr. Hooper did, and Cookie Monster's SNL audition tape (if Sesame Workshop puts out another volume of Sesame Street Spoofs I hope this gets included as a bonus feature).