Star Trek XI Movie in 2008?!

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Who is in the 2008 Star Trek XI movie? Here is the official poster:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Aaaaaaaaah! I've heard rumours anout this! If it does come out it could be fantastic, or rubish. I'm very, very interested in it though.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I heard it's supposed to be about Kirk and Spock at the academy together. But that's not definitely confirmed yet.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'd be annoyed if they did another prequel...but I'm up for anything. What I'd personally *fanboy* dream of them doing is creating a crew or situation that calls for the best of each team. Such as...7-of-9, Archer, Data, Jadzia, etc and pits them together in a story.

But that won't happen I imagine....

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I do wish they'd done a Deep Space Nine movie, it was one of the best written shows ever, Star Trek or otherwise.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hmm...I've only ever caught the episodes in the finale season once the magic has faded really...I'd like to see some more, and see some of the characters interacting better. They were all sort of grown up and/or gone by the finale season.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, the final season wasn't my favorite. You really need to see the series as a whole. It had deep storylines and the characters weren't always moral and perfect, they made mistakes.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oka! It's still going ahead, with the Alias creator at the helm! Almost definatly a prequel or alternate crew of some kind...I have mixed feelings towards the movie. But with JJ Abrams on the case...whatever it is, it can't be bad.

anytimepally

Reaction score
What bothers me about the Kirk and Spock at the Academy idea is that I find it hard to believe that, if they were ay the academy at the same time, Kirk would've made Captain first

muppetwriter

Reaction score
One thing I'll say about this new Star Trek XI movie is that the casting should seem obvious for J.J. Abrams and the other people involved in this. Daniel Dae Kim, who plays Jin on Abrams's Lost, would make a perfect Sulu. And if anyone has been watching recent episodes of Heroes, Zachary Quinto (who plays Sylar) has been interested in playing Spock, which would be a perfect role for him.

If they cast unknowns, then I'll be a little disappointed. Then again, the great special effects that the film will have could make up for it.:smile: