Star Trek XI Movie in 2008?!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeahs, I agree that I'm not overly interested in seeing them back at the Academy. I prefer the series to look forward towards future technology and excitement, rather than back to the bleaker era of Star Trek history when their communicators are rivaled by mobile phones.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I know. I was hoping this would take place further in the future, too. But I guess they're limited in their ideas for a Starfleet in the year 4000. I'm not all that familiar with the world of Star Trek, but I have seen a few incarnations to know that a movie taking place after the events of Nemesis would seem interesting with new characters and all, especially since some have been killed off like Data in the last film for The Next Generation series.

A prequel to the original series might be interesting as well, seeing as how there can now be references to Archer and everything that took place in the Enterprise series. But if they put Scott Bakula up there looking like an old man, then I'm leaving the theater.:stick_out_tongue:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Really? You would? I'd just die of fandom. (After all, Dr McCoy lived on long into the Next Generation...).

The most likely candidate for a cameo, however, is T'Pol from Enterprise. She's a Vulcon and would be alive for a good long time. Either her or another relation of Data's creator Soong.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Really? You would? I'd just die of fandom. (After all, Dr McCoy lived on long into the Next Generation...).

The most likely candidate for a cameo, however, is T'Pol from Enterprise. She's a Vulcon and would be alive for a good long time. Either her or another relation of Data's creator Soong.
Haha. Probably not. It just wouldn't look right at a first glance. But Bakula did pull the "old man" look off in two episodes of Quantum Leap when he played Sam Beckett's dad. If they get him in the new movie in some form, like a video archive or something, then that'll be cool.:smile:

It'll be great seeing T'Pol back (she won't look nearly as weird as an old person as Archer would), especially if she still has any hard emotions over Trip's death in the final episode. I know Vulcans aren't supposed to have feelings, but didn't something happen to her in the series to where she gained human emotions?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think she rebelled against high-command and thus against the teachings of Sarek and she gained far more in commen with the humans...Not sure other than that, though.

Oh and apparently...Trip didn't die after all.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
He didn't? I thought he sacrificed himself to save Archer from an invading group of aliens in the final episode. Even though it was just his clone, he still died by the end of the series run.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Trip is ALIVE?! Oh goody. :flirt:

Honestly, out of duty I must go see this film, but I have serious doubts. The whole allure to the movies is that you get to see your favourite t.v. characters up there. Make a Voyager or Enterprise movie or something! I like seeing those actors together.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Trip is ALIVE?! Oh goody. :flirt:
According to the Enterprise:Relaunch series of novels, Trip's death was apparent, but actually a cover for something...however, having not seen the final episode of series, I couldn't actually understand the story in which he was revealed to be alive so...I could just be confused. :stick_out_tongue:

And, MrsP, I still always see you as Janeaway in my mental image of you typing/talking on MC.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
And every time you tell me that, I still laugh.

I have a sweater that kind of looks like her uniform. I should do my hair like that and take a picture, just for you. >< To solidify the mental image of me being awesome.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*laughs!* You must!

I also think of you when I read novels containing Janeaway, so it sorta works both ways...Perhaps I should have written a Voyager/TKO crossover before the run got cancelled.