Star Trek XI Movie in 2008?!

anytimepally

Reaction score
these are the biggest four shoes to fill in the entire Trek universe.. I just hope whoever they choose gets it right

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm not the biggest Trekkie, but I am excited for this.

Nobody's been cast yet, but Matt Damon is the favorite to play Kirk.
Yeah, I heard that he was a favorite for Kirk...but I don't know. I'd watch the movie thinking, "Hey that's Matt Damon playing Captain Kirk" rather than "Hey, that's Captain Kirk." Similar to when I see William Shatner in any other movie (such as Miss Congeniality). I just laugh and think, "Ha! Captain Kirk!"

I don't think it would work to have anyone that famous in those roles.

(Halle Berry as Urhura anybody?)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm not really into celebrities playing the characters. They're not always cast to type. It's often better when you find an unknown.

Beauregard

Reaction score
This was on IMDB this morning:

"Mission: Impossible III director J.J. Abrams has signed on to direct the next installment of the Star Trek feature franchise after months of speculation. Star Trek XI will focus on a young James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock and chronicles their first meeting at Starfleet Academy and their first mission in space. Sources tell the Hollywood Reporter Abrams finalized the deal late last month. Abrams has been developing the project through his Paramount Pictures-based production company as a producer and writer, before deciding to also sign on as the director."

My excitment just went down three notches...so it's confirmed that the stor will be about Kirk and Spock...uch...

Although, JJ is renounced for flashbacks in his movies...so maybe we'll get some Next Gen, Voyager, DS9 or Enterprise cameos...who knows...or at the very least, maybe we'll get the orignal Bones and Uhura to cameo.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh...goodness...I didn't realise that. I knew that Scotty's ashes were taken into space just a few day ago now, but I didn't know about Bones...how sad...

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
This was on IMDB this morning:

"Mission: Impossible III director J.J. Abrams has signed on to direct the next installment of the Star Trek feature franchise after months of speculation. Star Trek XI will focus on a young James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock and chronicles their first meeting at Starfleet Academy and their first mission in space. Sources tell the Hollywood Reporter Abrams finalized the deal late last month. Abrams has been developing the project through his Paramount Pictures-based production company as a producer and writer, before deciding to also sign on as the director."

My excitment just went down three notches...so it's confirmed that the stor will be about Kirk and Spock...uch...

Although, JJ is renounced for flashbacks in his movies...so maybe we'll get some Next Gen, Voyager, DS9 or Enterprise cameos...who knows...or at the very least, maybe we'll get the orignal Bones and Uhura to cameo.
Abrams wants to keep the film separate from all the television shows and exist on its own, so... dunno how likely that is of happening, sir.