Star Trek XI Movie in 2008?!

Beauregard

Reaction score
*weeps and moans and wipes up tears with my sleeves until the end of all eternity is done and gone and swept into a wormhole and transported to the other side of the universe*

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Oh...goodness...I didn't realise that. I knew that Scotty's ashes were taken into space just a few day ago now, but I didn't know about Bones...how sad...
Yeah, DeForest Kelly was a really awesome actor. His portrayal of Bones McCoy was so dramatic and funny at the same time. I love his, "I'm a doctor, not a [whatever someone thought he was]".

And the actor who played Scotty sure did get an awesome burial. Having your ashes taken into space is quite an honor.:smile:

anytimepally

Reaction score
Yeah, DeForest Kelly was a really awesome actor. His portrayal of Bones McCoy was so dramatic and funny at the same time. I love his, "I'm a doctor, not a [whatever someone thought he was]".

And the actor who played Scotty sure did get an awesome burial. Having your ashes taken into space is quite an honor.:smile:
they're each in great episodes of Bonanza, too, if you're into that.. I happen to be quite addicted.. in fact, most of the original Star Trek cast appeared on Bonanza through the years.. Kelley has a bigger part in his episode.. he plays an AWOL U.S. Army officer who poisoned a bunch of Apache woman and children with some soup, and he's being chased by Cochise (the Apache chief), but at the end, he's taken into custody by the army

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, interestingly Kelley was mainly known for playing villians in Westerns. His Dr. McCoy role was pretty unusual for him. But he was wonderful, I can't say enough. :smile:

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
I'm just hoping for a Q (John DeLancie) cameo. I've always been a fan of his and the character he portrays in the Trekkieverse.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I love Q too! (Not the character "Q 2" from that episode "Deja Q", but rather, I love Q also. Is it obvious I'm a Trekkie?!)

Anyway, yes I love Q, he was one of the best things to happen to Star Trek: The Next Generation. (Great show, but needed a sense of humor!)

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
I love Q too! (Not the character "Q 2" from that episode "Deja Q", but rather, I love Q also. Is it obvious I'm a Trekkie?!)

Anyway, yes I love Q, he was one of the best things to happen to Star Trek: The Next Generation. (Great show, but needed a sense of humor!)
LOL! I'm a big Trekkie, too! Though there are fanatics out there (the kind that go to conventions dressed up as Klingons and who can fluently speak the language and do that Vulcan "live long and prosper" thing with their hands that I can't for the love of God manage to get my fingers to do and who are true to the first ever Star Trek series that I can't stand to watch) that would disagree. -grin- LOL... But the SPIKE channel is on my remote control's list of Favourite Channels and I've seen every single episode of TNG, DS9 and VOY and have the Star Trek Q Fan Collective DVD Set. And, working very hard to get all of the DVD sets for the series'. I love Q. I love Quark. I love Seven of Nine. Data rocks. The Borg rule all. :crazy: And... I'm done. :smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I'm just hoping for a Q (John DeLancie) cameo. I've always been a fan of his and the character he portrays in the Trekkieverse.
Q should have been there halfway or at the end of Nemesis and say something like "this movie is completely horrible, even for a limited spieces who can't think properly like humans".

And then Q snaps his fingers and either the movie ends or the "real" movie begins.

I think the fans would have got a kick out of that.

As for this new movie, I don't know if I'm going to see it in the movie theater or wait until it comes out on dvd. Going back before The Original Series started, with the Enteprise series, didn't work and that show dropped to the ground and was done with in four seasons. I don't know if this new movie won't be any different.

If they wanted to do a prequel of sorts, how about a starship set in the movie era of the original Star Trek movies, movies 1-6, and have some new ship and crew battle something, and mention Kirk and company, or even have Kirk as a cameo of sorts.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Something between Kirk and next Generations would appease me, if we want to go for prequels. How about the period when Enterprise was captained by a woman whose name excapes me. Or the Romulan Wars (that was never addressed in Enterprise, was it?). I can't understand this prequel business.

If nothing else, the retro technology just will not jam with the peanut butter SciFi audience's expect.

Bea:zany:{That jam and peanut-butter annalogy was just odd, I do appologuise.}regard

anytimepally

Reaction score
How about the period when Enterprise was captained by a woman whose name excapes me.
Rachel Garrett

The Romulan Wars would be neat, except for the fact that Humans and Romulans go the whole war without seeing each other, which is why is was such a surprise in "Balance of Terror" that Romulans look quite like Vulcans.. I'm not sure how good a movie would be if the sides never actually meet face-to-face