Star Trek XI Movie in 2008?!

Beauregard

Reaction score
*is out-geeked*

Right. Right. And gotcha. :stick_out_tongue:

I read a great fanfic with Rachel Garrett once. It was the most textured and fantastic Star Trek fic I read, I believe.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The thing I want to see the most is a movie based on the early 24th century. No one really knows what went on during that time period, except that there was something major that happened between the Romulans and the Federation which resorted to a treaty and for the Romulans to go into hiding until their appearance in late 2364 because of the Borg.

We know about the late 23rd century, thanks to The Original Series and movies, and we know about the late 24th century, thanks to TNG, DS9, VOY, and the TNG movies.

Explore that fuzzy period between 2300 and 2360 or so, right before the events The Next Generation series.

How did the Federation meet the Cardassians? You could do a war story about the Cardassian wars.

Or perhaps do a story of a starship set in the Dominion war era of DS9.

There are plenty of stories out there to be told, but to be honest, the direction this new movie is trying to take is something I don't like.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I heard this morning that Robbie Williams might be playing Captain Kirk...my my my...can you imagine anything so frightening?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
By the way, I seem to recall there being at least one novel about Kirk, Spock, and Bones knowing each other during their Academy years. Someone mentioned that they had a hard time believing Kirk would become Captain before Spock if they were in the Academy at the same time, but it actually does make quite a bit of sense that he would. Spock, at least in his early years, would play very much by the rules. Kirk broke all the rules. We already know from The Wrath of Khan that Kirk cheated his way through the Academy.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Cheated? I think not...he just beat the unbeatable game by reprogamming it...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah but then later he decided he did cheat death, that he'd never really faced it before. :halo:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Cheated? I think not...he just beat the unbeatable game by reprogamming it...
... That's called cheating. :wink:

I very much like the idea of returning to the look of the original series. I think it would be kind of interesting to see how they might pull off a sixties look(or would it be early-fifties since it's a prequel?) that would appeal to the modern day audience. I just hope they put enough thought and work into it that the diehard fans will be pleased.

travellingpat

Reaction score
J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof (two creators of Lost) are doing it so its gotta be great..i cant wait to see it on the big screen

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard about them doing it. But thins is the future. Why does the future look like the sixties? It's kinds like the Jetsons.