Star Wars Animated Shorts Coming to Cartoon Network

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Very interesting news. I saw Yoda's picture in a publicity drawing, so he'll definitely be on the show. I figured Frank wouldn't be involved, though. Thanks, Joe, for the heads-up on Tom Kane. I didn't realize that wasn't Frank for the talking doll! I was kind of hoping they'd use Eric, but oh, well.

Wonder how many of the other characters will be involved? We know they can't afford to pay the actors, but will it be all about the background/supporting characters, or will, say, Mace Windu still be a part of this story?

I wonder why only 3-minute shorts? It seems like the action/adventure storyline would be told better over a half-hour format. Also, having a specific time when it will be on during the day seems better than just having to look for its random placement on the schedule.

I find it fascinating that Cartoon Network is doing the show. Back when Lucas ventured into animation in the '80s, I assumed he would go with Hanna-Barbera, since they were the reigning kings of animation at the time. But Lucas went with Nelvana, because he thought their work was of a higher quality. Now H-B's heyday is long gone, and they got dissolved into AOL Time Warner a couple of years ago. The last vestiges of the company produce cartoons for the Cartoon Network...including the highly acclaimed "Samaurai Jack." So, in a sense, H-B is finally producing cartoons for George Lucas.

I'm not sure how I feel about the series itself. I love Star Wars, but I HATE the prequel movies. As someone else suggested, I'd rather see an animated series with the Classic Trilogy characters. But we'll see. Maybe the animated show will be able to fill in some of the huge gaps in the continuity that Lucas is causing.

The odd thing is, I first heard about this a couple of weeks ago. Then I heard a report that Lucas and CN couldn't agree on funding, so the project got cancelled. But every other news/media source is reporting this as still in production. Who knows? :confused:

Anyway, since we don't have a Yoda smiley, here's my best attempt to create one: < :grouchy: > (Oscar with pointy ears)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally po

I'm not sure how I feel about the series itself. I love Star Wars, but I HATE the prequel movies. As someone else suggested, I'd rather see an animated series with the Classic Trilogy characters. But we'll see. Maybe the animated show will be able to fill in some of the huge gaps in the continuity that Lucas is causing.
[/B]

I implyed that. I mean, the prequals are okay.... I personally keep telling myself that they are lame bacause they set the pace of the story. How many times did you read a memorable first chapter of a book?

Of course, I actually LIKED Jar Jar Binks, so I don't know what I am talking about anymore!

But, man... how cool would a Samurai Jack style Star Wars episode 4-6 be? I can picture a cool, stylized Chewbaca now... oh man.

At least Yoda's going to be in it!:zany: :smirk: