Star Wars Animated Shorts Coming to Cartoon Network

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's a great idea. There seems to be too much to cover in episode three so an animated Clone War saga (CG?) will be a great addition. After ep 3 comes out, I hope they continue to make such shorts that fill in a few gaps about the Star Wars saga. :excited:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully the animated shorts will be on the eventual 2-disc, episode III DVD set that will be arriving around November 2005.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Hopefully the animated shorts will be on the eventual 2-disc, episode III DVD set that will be arriving around November 2005.
"Yes Please!"

That or (more likely, with LucasFilm) a DVD release by itself--like they did with that mockumentary "R2-D2 Behind the Dome" thingy.

I love his style of animation--and there are good stories to be told--I'm actually more optimistic about these than Episode III itself. Not that I won't see E3 on opening day, but still.

Quinnnnnnnn

scarecroe

Reaction score
Wondering if Frank will voice the little green Jedi Master, I am.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I read a longer article about this the other day, and I think it mentioned that voice casting was complete, and it didn't include any of the original cast, due to contracts or availability or somesuch. I'm sure whatever they do will be adequate...hey, maybe they got Eric Jacobson to do Yoda!

:rolleyes:

Quinnnnnnnn

Joe

Reaction score
if anything they'll have Tom Kane voice Yoda. He did the voice for the talking Yoda figure thingy as well as some of the SW video games. He does Professor Utonium and Him on Powerpuff Girls. (also Darwin from Wild Thornberrys and one of the Villains in Kim Possible)

Gonzo

Reaction score
Sounds reasonable....I'm very out of the voice actor loop.

Has the potential to be very very good...

Quinnnnnnn

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
NO!

Oh great!:rolleyes:

I am a Star wars freak (not as much as muppets!:smile:)
I really don't think that it's a good idea. I don't think that this cartoon will bring proper justice to Star Wars. I'll still have to see it, though.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Re: NO!

Originally posted by muppetfreak12
Oh great!:rolleyes:

I don't think that this cartoon will bring proper justice to Star Wars.
Proper justice as in what, exactly? SW's story is laid out already, and there isn't anything that makes it seem as if the cartoon is going to venture from or contradict the story, so what justice or injustice is there to be done?

In turn, do you also think that all other Expanded Universe stuff is an injustice to Star Wars? I mean, they're all extensions of the original stories, as is this cartoon.

Maybe I'm just mountainizing a molehill from the only partial SW freak (hehe :wink: :stick_out_tongue: :smile:)

-Matt

Kristy

Reaction score
Ah, that's great! My nephew would love to watch that.