Star Wars Puppet Fan Film

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Andrew, is the blue foam CPF? (Camping pad foam) It looks just like it, I use CPF for body building on my characters.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Wel, to be completely honest Bork Bork I'm not 100% sure. I assumed it was copyrighted since they are distributing it on DVD (I believe they made some kind of arrangement with Lucasfilm to make that possible) and it's not available on the official Hardware Wars site and most of the major sites just offer a "preview" of it. I've posted a message on theforce.net Fan Films boards. The people there will no for sure.

Oh and the foam is closed cell foam which is used to make camping bads, practice golf balls and lots of other things. I think I purchased it through a foam wholesale place.

Iokitek

Reaction score
He looks weird. But I think if you give him upper and lower eyelids he'll already squint his eyes like Yoda does. The ears are too small actually. If I'm correct they need to be wider. And he needs a small nose ofcourse. I think it would look great once you've added those features :smile:

jtyson

Reaction score
I think the idea of a Star Wars fan film with puppets is great It will certainly set you appart from some of the others. Do you have an idea how you will do your sets and spaceships. Will you use models or CG? I know you have been playing with Blender a while.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
We're using CG mostly. I finally decided to go and teach myself 3DS and I'm getting some help from a few professional FX people.

I finally have a few new pics to share, this is all more temp stuff - a test of the Jedi costumes. The puppet is an old one that I had lying around and the costume designer is just using it as a model for making costumes:

http://www.bear-town.com/images/for_journal/sw-film/Jedi-Puppet-Model-1.jpg

http://www.bear-town.com/images/for_journal/sw-film/Jedi-Puppet-Model-2.jpg

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Buck, this is really neat! Glad to see you got that Yoda rolling along.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Cute!, you animate thei eyes you know change their eyes as they change expressions. :smile: Are you going to make them yellow?