1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Star Wars Puppet Fan Film

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Buck-Beaver, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

I did some tests and white actually reads better than yellow on camera, so I think they'll be white.
  2. Buck-Beaver

We shot the first batch of scenes this weekend; I cute together a few rough outtakes that were kind of funny.

Just to sort of explain this, the audio in the scene is being replaced with a voiceover so I told the puppeteers to just tried to improv some funny dialogue. The background will eventually be replaced with a Jawa sandcrawler. The stick with a red ball on it will eventually be Chewbacca:

http://www.bear-town.com/videos/sw-fanfilm/Jawa-Outtakes.mov
  3. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Give him a bandana across his eyes and remove the ears, and violá :sing: teenage mutant hero turtles :sing: :)
  4. Buck-Beaver

5. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Now that's one cool puppet! Altho his eyes are still a bit too wide open, imho. I think he'd look better with more tired eyes, but that's just me hehe.
  6. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

BUCK!!! Great Yoda!!! :excited:

BJ
  7. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the European version. :D Apparently, "ninja" was too violent there. :rolleyes: In America, that's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. :)
  8. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Buck, I simply want to say that you seem like an extremely cool guy. Your puppets are remarkable, and you're doing a wonderful job. And just to interject my two cents, I actually liked your original Yoda puppet, since it looked more original and "puppety." But honestly, all your puppets are excellent, so it's hard to make comparisons. Great job.
  9. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

Lovely Yoda, you did a really great job Andrew.
  10. Buck-Beaver

Thanks guys, I should have pics of Mace Windu and Yarel Poof (anyone remember him?) to share tomorrow.
  11. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

What sort of material did you use to cover the Yoda and Jedi puppets? It's beautiful!
  12. Buck-Beaver

Antron fleece which, alas, is no more. :(
  13. Buck-Beaver

14. chestermcdragon

chestermcdragon New Member

any more pics?
  15. Buck-Beaver

16. chestermcdragon

chestermcdragon New Member

17. ScrapsFlippy

ScrapsFlippy Member

Hey Buck - Is that a Sony Digi8 camera?

Is that what you use? 'cuz your picture quality in "Bear Town" is fantastic!

-- Scraps
  18. Buck-Beaver

Thanks. Bear Town was shot with a Canon ZR-65. Really you can get good image quality on almost anything with proper lighting though.
  19. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

Looking swell there Buck. Buck's right, lighting is everything. I have a Canon Optura 20 and it shoots great footage with the right lighting. Also if you want great quality, Mini DV is the format to go with.
  20. Buck-Beaver

MiniDV is pretty good, but after shooting on it for a few years I'm switching to DVCAM because I find the quality of the tapes is better. It's more expensive, but there are fewer dropped frames and superior image quality.