Star Wars Puppet Fan Film

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I did some tests and white actually reads better than yellow on camera, so I think they'll be white.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
We shot the first batch of scenes this weekend; I cute together a few rough outtakes that were kind of funny.

Just to sort of explain this, the audio in the scene is being replaced with a voiceover so I told the puppeteers to just tried to improv some funny dialogue. The background will eventually be replaced with a Jawa sandcrawler. The stick with a red ball on it will eventually be Chewbacca:

http://www.bear-town.com/videos/sw-fanfilm/Jawa-Outtakes.mov

BorkBork

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
My first attempt at Yoda:

http://www.bear-town.com/images/for_journal/sw-film/Yoda-First-Attempt.png

The ears are a little too big and sagging right now because there isn't any wire in them. I'm not very happy with this, it looks too Muppety I think. I toying with the idea of either redoing it completely or changing the eyes and the ears. What do you guys think?
Give him a bandana across his eyes and remove the ears, and violá :sing: teenage mutant hero turtles :sing: :smile:

BorkBork

Reaction score
Now that's one cool puppet! Altho his eyes are still a bit too wide open, imho. I think he'd look better with more tired eyes, but that's just me hehe.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
teenage mutant hero turtles
Ah yes, the European version. :big_grin: Apparently, "ninja" was too violent there. :rolleyes: In America, that's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. :smile:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Buck, I simply want to say that you seem like an extremely cool guy. Your puppets are remarkable, and you're doing a wonderful job. And just to interject my two cents, I actually liked your original Yoda puppet, since it looked more original and "puppety." But honestly, all your puppets are excellent, so it's hard to make comparisons. Great job.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I should have pics of Mace Windu and Yarel Poof (anyone remember him?) to share tomorrow.