Starting a Puppet Team

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Congratulations Dirth! How exciting. Though I'm not a dad myself, I think it would be the coolest thing in the world. But I have yet to find a wife and there's a really good order for that sort of thing... I'm actually in a little city called Bridgman down on exit 16 on I-94. K-zoo was part of my stomping grounds for awhile. I have many friends there, and once rescued a white rat from the Psych Lab at WMU.

Buck, thanks for the christpup link. It looks like a great source for people of the same bent. Though the interface looks kind of impersonal. I'll have to check it out. As for Axtell, I just can't recommend his stuff enough. I have a lion puppet and a buzzard from his arm illusion line. Though with my beginning puppeteers, I'll be using some of my cheaper puppets and keep my cooler expensive stuff at home.

DirthNader

Reaction score
Bridgman? Thant must be pretty close to the border...huh?

Thank for the congrats. I'm a little weirded by the whole idea of giving up my childhood to be a dad, but my wife assures me that the transition will go smoothly. Actually, I think She was telling me this while she was chopping vegetables with a rather large butcher knife, but I didn't let that influence me :rolleyes:

A white rat, huh? I once worked in a photo lab in Lansing and a ferret (white as snow) came meandering in off the streets. I tried rescueing it from drinking the chemicals from the drainage system we had, but would have none of that. When I went to pick him up, he skrieched and bit me. I don't like ferrets anymore :frown:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Capt Crouton,

I am trying to start a puppet group at my church at the moment. I am hoping to do a nativity Pantomime with puppets for Christmass.

How can I get people to join my group?

Beauregard

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
I posted on your thread Beauregard. Hopefully I gave you some good ways to start.

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Beauregard,

I was just wondering how your puppet project was coming. Haven't seen anything posted about it. Is it still a go?

Markus

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hevens he remembered me!!!

Hi Cap'n I spose I should have kept you posted really. Yes it is still going on. I shall be performing on the 22 December.

I have had no little truble getting volunteers and getting those who voulenteer to turn up at the practices but it is still OK.

I am one puppeteer short though!!!

I will keep you posted.

Bye,
Beauregard

Beauregard

Reaction score
Funnily I can't find my thread. It seems to have dissapearded. I'll probably find it as soon as I have posted this, but yes, my show is going, OK!

Not good, but OK!

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Armed and Dangerous is performing on the 22nd too. We're doing a version of Little Drummer boy that'd done in a Beach Boy Surfer style.

In the spirit of the Muppets, on our back tier, we've got a skateboarding penguin. When in doubt...