1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Starting the web server move right now

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by stephenjlizard, Jan 15, 2008.

1. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I really like the fact that you seem to be going all out for Richard. I think it is good since the muppets never really did a tribut to such a core muppeter.
  2. heralde Well-Known Member

Agreed, I think we're all appreciating this so much because there wasn't a "proper" tribute. Not one the fans got to see anyway, obviously the Muppeteers did one of their own. I understand why there wasn't a public tribute, he wasn't well known like Jim was. But it's still a story that should be told. ;)
  3. Well, the new website is completely up, and all podcast files from episode 1 and onward are loaded and ready to go! Woohoo! Special thanks to Jose C. for helping me out with this new host.
  4. Luke Active Member

Steve, ever thought about putting volumes of these out on CD, it'd be nice to have them to keep in the future.
  5. I do have .zip archives of all of the sounds and materials used to create each episode (many many DVDs have given their lives to archive The MuppetCast, lol), but honestly I never thought about making past episodes publicly available via CD.

Do you think people would want that?
  6. Luke Active Member

Steve, i honestly think people would love that. These shows you have been doing are so good, and hearing from the people you've managed to secure as guests has been such an experience for everyone really. I know people can back up files to CD at home but something official would be a lovely momento to keep. Perhaps at the point of show 50 volume one could be released along with some of the Muppetcast unplugged stuff. Maybe even a talented artist here could create a nice cover for you and a disc menu.
  7. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

YOU GOT AN E-MAIL FROM FRANK STEVE? ! THAT'S INCREDIBLE!

And if you get the chance, ask him why he hasn't responded to my fan letter... ;) :p Only kidding of course.

I'm really looking forward to the tribute show! Site looks awesome as ever!
  8. Well, to clarify, I got an email from Frank via a close friend of the show who knows Frank personally. When Frank heard about the tribute thru my friend, he was all too happy to respond.
  9. But yes, Frank personally provided some material to be included on the show, which I'm still blinking my eyes in amazement at! Lol.
  10. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Thats really cool!
  11. dwmckim Well-Known Member

<Inset that bo-wanga spring noise when someone totally has a major brain kick in> CD's! Of course! I've told you that because of my system limitations i can't listen to the Muppetcast at home at going to the library often isn't that great since with the longer length of many of the shows i can still only hear the beginning anyway...cd's would be such a great way for people with download issues to be able to finally hear the shows in their entirety - i would definately encourage making cd's available!
  12. Yeah, I decided last night, I'm going to start making these things available on CD, the demand is evidently high enough. I'll make the announcement on this week's show and update the website to reflect these new offerings. I'm still working out the system by which I'll make these available, so gimme a few days.
  13. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

thats a great idea Steve and this is just throwing it out there but i think it would be a friendly thing to do, to send all the muppeters that had some part in the Richierd tribute show to get a copy. That's just a thought.
  14. Oh yeah dwayne, way ahead of you there. Copies are going out to all of them as we speak :)
  15. Luke Active Member

I was thinking maybe it should be a DVD or CDR which can be played in either a DVD player (so you could have menus) or a CD player that can play MP3's. That's about the only way you can get so many shows on it. Whatever happens i'll definitely be ordering a copy.
  16. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

great minds think alike