Statler and Waldorf; from the Balcony on DVD?

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
:sleep: http://movies.com/muppets/index :boo:

It wasn't until I got ill and had to stay quietly home before I got the time to watch all the S&W from the Balcony episodes on movies.com.
But so now I did and I think their stuff was GREAT! Their antics gave me plenty of laughs and proves somehow that the Muppets still got it ... face it: when a feature like this one can run on just the two old heckler characters and some small-time appearances of other Muppets you have to admit they didn't loose anything of their original magic just yet! I loved some of the new characters being introduced here as well ...

Now I wouldn't be sorry to own these 34 episodes on DVD ...
I was wondering if that's something that has already been planned or not? And if not, is there maybe something that we, as fans, can do to make that happen? Maybe start a little on-line petition to show that there's ample interest for something like this? What do you guys think?

Statler and Waldorf for President! (admit it: they sure beat Obama and Clinton)

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can download all the episodes to watch on an ipod?

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
I may be mistaking but I don't think you'll be able to get a decent quality download of these anywhere ... and if I am mistaking, I'd like to hear about it!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can download all the episodes to watch on an ipod?
They have audio versions on iTunes, if that helps. I would like to see these on DVD, but there would probobly a lot of licencing to do.

MWoO

Reaction score
There is none. BarbarianJ is just asking if there are plans for it on DVD in the future...even though there has not been a new one in a long long time.

Seriously people, do not post misleading thread titles.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
There is none. BarbarianJ is just asking if there are plans for it on DVD in the future...even though there has not been a new one in a long long time.

Seriously people, do not post misleading thread titles.
I would agree with you. I fell for this too, but when I looked at the fine print and saw a question made there, I knew it most likely was not.

:sleep:
Statler and Waldorf for President! (admit it: they sure beat Obama and Clinton)
Hear-hear!:batty:

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Misleading title? ... errr ... I didn't really see another way of asking this, guys ... of course, I can imagine that having these episodes on DVD would be very nice for many a fan, so I'm sure there would have been a fair amount of wishful thinking whatever I would have put as a title.
But back to the topic I wanted to get into a bit deeper: is there any (good) way of highlighting the legal owners of these episodes that we want them on DVD?

MWoO

Reaction score
Misleading title? ... errr ... I didn't really see another way of asking this, guys ... of course, I can imagine that having these episodes on DVD would be very nice for many a fan, so I'm sure there would have been a fair amount of wishful thinking whatever I would have put as a title.
But back to the topic I wanted to get into a bit deeper: is there any (good) way of highlighting the legal owners of these episodes that we want them on DVD?
A better way would have been "Will they ever release Statler and Waldorf: from the Balcony on DVD?"

The way you wrote it sounds like there is a rumor of a dvd.