Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

BEAR

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
This was TOO funny!! I LOVE this stuff. Pepe on the street talking to people is great! THIS IS GOOD STUFF!!

Keep goin', Movies.com!!

I loved Pepe talking on the street with real people. It kinda reminds me of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. By the way, that is one thing that worries me about the Muppet auditions coming up. The guy cast as Pepe better be top notch on improv.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Shouldn't there be a new one of these by now???

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok. I could have checked..lol...yes there is...

So far it is good. The Balcy Awards sign falling was pretty funny.

*continues watching*

Statler: So we won't be covering anything new?
Waldorf: Well Hollywood didn't, why shoudl we?

*snort*

Waldorf: ...showing you are never too late for your first time.
Statler: Do you really think so?
Waldorf: No. it was just a movie.
Statler: Oh...

*thinks*

Hmmm...

*continues watching*

Statler: Will is getting an award for finally turning down a movie...

*do..ho...hah...*

Statler: Don't make me get out of this chair!!!

*snort*

Pepe: We all know the big hit this summer waaaaas...Me!

*hahaha!*

Pepe: bat man begins? Let's be honest, when will batman end?

Bill is zinging these answers back at them. It's good. ilove Mupepts on the street!

*watches*

Pepe: What is your favorite movie this season?

*man lights a lightsbour* Hah!

Pepe: Are you attracted to me?
Girl: Sure
Pepe: How old are you?
Girl: Fifteen
Pepe: Jew are not attracted to me...

*snortworthy*

Haha! Scarey movie goed to Dukes of Hazard, dude!

Tom Cruise gets the award for "best stunt" wonder why...lol!

This one was good, ish. I still dislike the voices, but, I am gettng more used to them ok.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I had to go over a friend's house to see them, but I saw 'em! What completely stuns me is that they can make something awful like Muppet Oz or America's next Muppet, and do something amazing like this at the same time.

Come on.... jokes about Bobby Brown, virginity, O.j. Simpson's Mugshot, smuggled drugs from Canada? And Pepe's pronunciation of "Miss Congeniality?" This absolutley blew me away. Such a wonderful project. Well... at least Disney's doing one good thing with the Muppets so far (other than DVD releases).

I especially liked how they reviewed Duece Bigalow!

In this Movie, Duece travels to Amsterdam.
Great! Another reason for Europe to Hate us!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Okay so I just saw "The Balcy Awards" show...
Statler and Waldorf... their worst performance. It seemed VERY rushed and like, no jokes.

But then PePe came on... if the Muppets do more of this, then we are in LUCK! I actually laughed myself to tears! I can't praise Bill's improv enough, THIS was classic Muppets, THIS was excellent stuff, THIS is worth the watch. GO PePe!!! :rolleyes:

unclematt

Reaction score
While I am not a big Pepe supporter he has been making me laugh quite alot lately.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
A new episode just went up today. And all I have to say is I love Bobo!

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
So it's come to this... taking jokes from people on the street! We cold have done without those Balcys, methinks...

TRAVOLTED - when one key film role rescues them from years of struggle...

Anyway, back on track with some "quiet underhyped junk" in episode 7...

First, a film called "Just Like Heaven"

Statler: Last night when I got home a complete stranger was in the living room.
Waldorf: Was she a ghost?
Statler: No, I went to the wrong house again!

It's a film which makes Statler glad he's been a bad person. That with previuos revloattions makes one wonder just what he has been doing...

It's the Bobo footage that really sets me off in this episode, I laughed from start to finish with his various impressions. A big well done to Bill for this and another one to whoever suggested using Bobo at all in these, he is after alll a great but little-known muppet character!

Sad to say Statler and Waldorf could never top that with taling about Corspe Bride, and needless to say the balconism failed to come close. This week - and excuse me for I cringe as I type - 'Lucky BLAST-ard', a hero of an action film who can run, jump, swim, fly or drive just one step faster than the fireball of a massive explosion. This is more on the edge than usually - probably as close as a Muppet has ever got to out and out swearing.

Tune in September 28th if you can summon up the strength or if you here Bobo is taking over permanently...

Beauregard

Reaction score
"Guess who...I'm the computer guy...blip...blip..."

Admitedly, Bobo was definatly a high-point in the Balcony so far, however Statler and Waldorf are not improving. Well, maybe Statler is a little.

However, this weeks balconism was...not good at all.