1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by jgriffee, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Harvey Towers

Harvey Towers Active Member

Bi-weekly? So, fortnightly then...
  2. Xela

Xela New Member

Yay! :sympathy:

Kill-dren...heh...

Aww, I wish it was two weeks already...
  3. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. Personality was right on, but yeah, just needs to get a little deeper on the voice and it'll be almost perfect!

Can't wait to see who's spotlighted next... :D
  4. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Also, did Rowlf look a little thinner to you?
  5. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

OMG yes! I was waiting to see if anyone else noticed this. But he looked like he lost his whole back side! He must be on one of those crash diets like Lindsay Lohan. Oops, did I type that out loud?
  6. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

You know, I thought I was just imagining it. He definately looks thinner, though.
  7. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

"And now, back to the old chew toys!"

That had me laughing!

ryan
  8. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

You did and I loved it!
  9. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Loved it and was gald to hear old brown ears talk. He did look a lot thinner. Hope he don't stay to long on that "Break away that back fat" diet. I loved it and would watch it over and over.
  10. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Actually, DevonMiles, it's Dave doing Waldorf (the shorter one who was Jim's character) and Steve Whitmire doing Statler (the taller one who was Richard Hunt's and Jerry Nelson's character). Hope that clears things up...

:boo: :sleep: :sympathy:
  11. Lynnette

Lynnette Member

Right, but what about a bi-fortnight?!

Yeah, we generally don't use fortnightly in the U.S. but we should - it sure would clear things up. And it's a great sounding word too. No matter what the true meaning of bi-weekly (or bi-monthly or by-annually for that matter), we often have to clarify with each other, "Do you mean this week plus the week after next or twice this week?"

Well, I guess we'll all be back here to discuss the next installment in a fortnight. :)

-Lynnette
  12. Lynnette

Lynnette Member

Next episode...

Just to make sure I don't confuse anyone by being silly, the next episode is actually scheduled for July 20 - not in a fortnight from today. Right? Right! :confused:

-Lynnette
  13. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I was not happy with Rowlf's performance but I am starting to believe this is just me. Yes it was great to see him back in action but it seemed to me like the whole performance was off. Maybe I am wrong. Is there anyone else outhere that would agree with me that the performance was off.
  14. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Well ANY performace of an old character by a new performer will be off. It's just life. It will never seem perfect because it will never be perfect. You just have to accept the chages or never waytch anything new.
  15. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

i liked the GMC music and it was nice to have Rowlf finally speak
  16. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I realize all that and really this is the first time I am having a problem with a new performer performing a character. I dont know, it just seemed like it needed alot of work. It could just be me and maybe I will grow used to it. All and all Iam glad to see them using Rowlf again.
  17. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I'm in a hurry for Jerry Nelson's characters to be re-cast with new performers, now, so we can see the EM Band back in full swing (now that we have performers for Dr. Teeth, Janice, and Animal--thank GOODNESS Dave's still there to play Zoot!)
  18. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Yes, thank God Dave is there to play the character that almost never talks. lol That really does stink when you think about it. Steve and Dave are there to play Lips and Zoot and yet niether characters talk or sing usually. How ironic.
  19. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Never thought of it that way, either!!

Yes, we need Floyd to be re-cast now. We need our TMS EM BAND rockin' again.

We got Rowlf back, YAY! Lovin' that!
  20. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

There's a new episode up--Stealth, and The Island. Johnny Fiama's in it, and make sure you click on the "bonus clip" button for some fun with Pepe.

:boo: :sleep: :rolleyes: