Steve's Muppets: A Recipe for Pain?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Perhaps it is a small portrait of Steve's character? (I'm not saying he's a masochist or anything like that) Oftentimes an artist will put a lot of himself into his work, whether by accident or design, and perhaps Steve really enjoys performing the "unfortunate" muppets.

Nick22

Reaction score
that's true. most of his characters do get hurt. and i wouldnt have noticed if you hadnt mentioned it.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Perhaps it is a small portrait of Steve's character? (I'm not saying he's a masochist or anything like that) Oftentimes an artist will put a lot of himself into his work, whether by accident or design, and perhaps Steve really enjoys performing the "unfortunate" muppets.
I get what you mean. Perhaps it's a part of his style?

The Muppets have always relied on "cartoon" violence through characters being eaten, blown up, having things dropped on their heads, (the list goes on), but maybe that's just something that Steve decided to go on and take further? Sort of in the same way some comedians rely on pratfalls to get a laugh.

Or it could have been something the writers put on him, decided it worked, and never stopped.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Also, maybe it's because many of his characters (Lips, Bean) either never had lines of no longer have major speaking lines. So, for them to be onscreen AND funny they need something big and painful to happen to 'em.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Another thing to consider as far as Rizzo goes, he hangs out with Gonzo. That alone would set his insurance rates sky high. :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Haha...It's one of the questions they ask when people call up for insurance I'm sure. Age, Location, Friendship Status with Gonzo...

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Ernie: Got put into place at least once since Steve took over. Not beat up, just down talked, I think.
Beaker: ... Course.
Kermit: A few Piggy hits, not as much as when Jim had him.
Rizzo: Hangs out with Gonzo to much.
Bean: Violence is very cute.
Wembly: The only one I've seen to hurt himself.
Mr.Poodle Pants: ...
Lips: Once. Only Once. Lips got hit with a door. Because he was stupid enough to stand behind it.
Andy: All the time...
Jake Polar Bear: Erm... Anyone who works with a skunk has high tollerance to pain.
Nip: A few times, yeah.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Lets not forget the work that Steve has been doing with the Newsman.