Steve's Muppets: A Recipe for Pain?

Rax

Reaction score
The other Muppets think Bean's cuteness is annoying, not the viewers. The people at Henson just made it up. :wink:
Although there may be some real people who dislike Bean. But most viewers like him, I bet.

Gr, Rax

Redsonga

Reaction score
The other Muppets think Bean's cuteness is annoying, not the viewers. The people at Henson just made it up.
Although there may be some real people who dislike Bean. But most viewers like him, I bet.

Gr, Rax
That is good to know:smile:. I always thought (since I was little) that Bean hate was, like, a common thing in the fandom and I was one of the only ones that enjoyed cute:embarrassed:. Because Bean is like cuteness all rapped up in a big furry bow IMHO:flirt:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Bean is supposed to be so sickeningly adorable, it's annoying. I get where they're coming from with that, but he isn't unlikeable in his cuteness. They (writers and puppeteer (Steve, in this case)) could have really pushed that annoying level if they wanted to, I guess, but how he is seems right to me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bean is supposed to be so sickeningly adorable, it's annoying. I get where they're coming from with that, but he isn't unlikeable in his cuteness. They (writers and puppeteer (Steve, in this case)) could have really pushed that annoying level if they wanted to, I guess, but how he is seems right to me.
Yeah, think of it as the Muppet equivalent of Nermal from Garfield. Bean's supposed to be so cute that he annoys everyone in the studio/stage/whatever, and we applaud him getting injured or beaten, or slammed into doors.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Or to quote Scooter in Muppets go to WDW We all got tired of being cute so we hired him" talking about Bean to the frogs.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah, think of it as the Muppet equivalent of Nermal from Garfield. Bean's supposed to be so cute that he annoys everyone in the studio/stage/whatever, and we applaud him getting injured or beaten, or slammed into doors.
And I always love Nermal to so I don't think any character could make me feel that way..Cute just doesn't annoy me, it makes me want to hug it...
Or to quote Scooter in Muppets go to WDW We all got tired of being cute so we hired him" talking about Bean to the frogs.
Since Muppets at Disneyworld was my main Muppet movie for a long time (and still in my eyes one of the best) I always used that reasoning :3

Redsonga

Reaction score
RedSonga, you wrote the Rowlf/Wanda fic, right? Marry me!
*lol* No...Um, I write Boober/Mokey, Gobo/Red and even Uncle Matt/Storyteller and Cantus/Mokey, but um, I don't write the main muppets much *lol*
Thank you for the offer though:smile:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Fave Rizzo gag: Rizzo's tail getting caught on fire in MCC... and then Rizzo goes right into the icy cold water! Love that gag...

BJ