Still missing Jim...

Xerus

Reaction score
I've always dreamed of meeting Jim Henson when I was a kid. And when I heard he died, I was destroyed. For the past few days, I felt a little depressed. Then one night, I had a dream that I met Jim Henson and he showed me a film how he did his stuff. And it made me feel better when I woke up.

And I also felt a little better too after I saw The Muppets Remember Jim Henson special and hearing Kermit speak again. Then I smiled when the Muppets made short skits on the Today show where the new voice of Kermit got to be tried out.

And Kermit seemed to go back to normal in the Muppet Xmas Carrol and Muppet Treasure Island. And Muppet's Tonight was a treat too. I wonder if Jim is pleased on what his followers have done with these past projects without his leadership.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Yeah, it makes me well up with tears to think that Jim isn't with us anymore. I hate the fact that I've never really been able to cry over a person's death though. Maybe it effects me more than tears, or maybe I just think about things to much and don't give my emotions a chance. I feel really awful not crying about something so serious, but it still effects me the same way.

One thing that's helped me not get depressed over Jim's death is the very fact that we're still talking about him on this very board. He did SO MUCH with his life, its effects still give the feeling of his being alive today. Jim taught me to look for the positive aspirations in every situation, so I can even find them now that he's gone. Still, the thing that bothers me is the fact that I can never let him know how thankful I am to him for being such a wonderful influence on my life. I love that guy.

The only thing I can remember about when Jim died is an imaginative reconstruction. My mom tells me I was watching Sesame street when our pastor came by and saw what I was watching. He told my mom the news, and I guess it didn't affect me much then cause I didn't know who he was... but boy does it affect me now! :cry:

When Mr. Rogers died, I remember hearing the tale end of the radio report while I was getting ready for school: "...neighborhood. He was 73." Just the word "neighbor" and I knew it was him. I really felt like balling then too, but I somehow couldn't. Does that happen to anyone else? Am I broken?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
this is so wonderfull

I really really miss Jim and i also miss richard to. most the people i look up to are now gone frnom us. i got really sad today when i saw that SS did not even have Jim's name in the credits at all. that sad Jim was a big part of SS and i cant beleive they whould not rember him. and im a little mad that i dont think that the new disny muppets will use his name ethier. Oh how i wish Jim would come back just for a few months and fix all this mess . :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
muppetfreak12 said:
Does anyone get into a major slump about Mr. Hensons death? I'll watch a muppet movie and totally forget that he's dead. Then, later on I'll remember and get totally depressed. Is anyone else like this or am I a one of a kind freak? :cry:
Speaking of a freak, did you hear about the bearded lady who shot a hunchbacked dwarf out of a canon, knocking a train of the rails?

It was a freak accident.

:boo: Boo!
:sleep: Hisss!
:boo: Get off the stage!

--------

On a more serious note, yes I do still miss Jim too.